***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hey, folks. How are ya?

Already have 22 customers for the 125 Cornish Cross meat birds I ordered on Saturday, and expect some of them to purchase multiple birds. Best part, I'm not going to have to do the processing. They are Muslim and want to do it themselves, for religious reasons. I'll just supply the birds and kill stations, along with the plucker and rest of the of the equipment, and they will do the rest.

This might be easier than I thought.
big_smile.png

Also bought 16 BBW turks at Atwoods yesterday and some may be interested in those, as well. They look to be about a month old. I love to wait until the poults are half grown and they are almost ready to cull them before I buy. That way, they have already don't the hardest work, plus put a month or so worth of food in them.

Lots of breakfast cassaroles, there is a angle food cake that calls for alot of eggs......boil & pickle or boil & feed back to your girls. Remember your fresh eggs have alot longer shelf life than the store ones.

My chicken raising career is not off to an amazing start. The little spotted bantam died last night. No pasty butt, no signs I could pick out, nothing. Just never seemed to perk up and get going like the other four.

I'm already feeling the urge for the chicken math to kick in. I'd really like to go back to Atwoods and pick up a few more chicks. But since the city limits me to 6 chickens total, I'll stick with the four chicks I've got now for when I need to add new layers in a few years.

Lots of breakfast cassaroles, there is a angle food cake that calls for alot of eggs......boil & pickle or boil & feed back to your girls. Remember your fresh eggs have alot longer shelf life than the store ones.

Thank you. My husband pointed out that on the new t.v. show called Doomsday Preppers a lady found a way to make her eggs last for 9 months as if they were still fresh, not boiled, pickeled or anything else.
idunno.gif
Not sure if I would eat them.

Thank you. My husband pointed out that on the new t.v. show called Doomsday Preppers a lady found a way to make her eggs last for 9 months as if they were still fresh, not boiled, pickeled or anything else.
idunno.gif
Not sure if I would eat them.

Also custard, I have developed a custard addiction.

the Preppers way of keeping the eggs that long is coating in oil, mineral oil I believe. My husband watched that episode.

My chicken raising career is not off to an amazing start. The little spotted bantam died last night. No pasty butt, no signs I could pick out, nothing. Just never seemed to perk up and get going like the other four.

I'm already feeling the urge for the chicken math to kick in. I'd really like to go back to Atwoods and pick up a few more chicks. But since the city limits me to 6 chickens total, I'll stick with the four chicks I've got now for when I need to add new layers in a few years.

Sorry you lost the chick. Don't doubt yourself, some chicks are not strong enough from the time they hatch. I am sure you have already figured out that when you are ready for more birds this group will do their best to help you out!

Kass I don't know what blue & splash makes. Black & splash makes blue. Maybe blue & splash make black (this is just me making a guess, I honestly have no idea!

Buster ~ AWESOME that your birds are selling theirselves! Think your goats will do the same. I know meat birds are the current plan, but when people see your goats they will ask.

Woooo Hooooo!!!!! Just got awesome news. My niece was born w/ a heart valve problem that was going to result in open heart surgery, but the Dr's have been letting her get older and bigger for the surgery for the best possible outcome, and been keeping an eye on it so it didn't get to bad to do the surgery. Anyway she had a cardiology appt today and we found out it is self correcting. She is just at 1 year old now, and they need to do some more testing to make sure just how much it is going to self correct, but it is looking like open heart surgery is not going to be needed.

Back
Top Bottom