***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Well no longer in hatchery limbo, finally got a hold of them, they are not going to do anything about the deaths, he basically called me a liar on the phone. In his defense though the lady at the post office that Gary opened the box in front of (at the hatcheries request) denies that Gary opened the box in front of her. I called the post office myself this morning after talking to the man at the hatchery, she denied it to me too.
barnie.gif
Unbelievable!!!! Especially when you'd talked to them earlier in the week trying to find out when they were going to send them and they knew nothing about it!!!

Well no longer in hatchery limbo, finally got a hold of them, they are not going to do anything about the deaths, he basically called me a liar on the phone. In his defense though the lady at the post office that Gary opened the box in front of (at the hatcheries request) denies that Gary opened the box in front of her. I called the post office myself this morning after talking to the man at the hatchery, she denied it to me too.
barnie.gif

Any chance there is more than one woman at the post office?? Maybe it's a different lady he opened it with?

barnie.gif
Sorry Kass! Between the post office & the hatchery experience that is enough to make a person give up on shipped chicks! Lmk if you want us to work on getting you chicks. I know cowboy offered you some with topknots already & it is his eggs DD will be hatching, but i cant remember what he said was in his breeding pen (DD is only after blues this season, i am sure it will be something else by the time she hatches all these blues she has been gathering) if you want I can hatch a dz or so for you & bring them to poops & a chicken train can be worked out. We have plenty of incubator space right now.
Haha! Heck, if it works out I'll take those, too lol

barnie.gif

That is so crappy. Put in a complaint about her anyway. It may not do any good, but if she already has complaints against her she may just get disciplined. I know that sounds harsh, but I really can't stand liars!

Just let me know when and we can figure where to meet
Quote: Shoot, Robin, I'll bring him/her TO you in Muskogee. We can meet at the closest gas station to you and I'll buy ya a huge cup of coffee and a doughnut if you'll take him.
Kass- i think you need to post your experiences with that hatchery in the hatchery section and warn people off from using them... even post it on FB, just get the word out so no one else has to deal with the heartache and loss of money in dealing with them..:(

barnie.gif
Kass, I think Cedar Creek just lost a Lot of Oklahoma Buisness.
I've been dealing with power outages also. It was out a couple hours night before last. I happened to be up at four thirty and covered the bators with all the bath towels I own. Turned on the oven for the day old quail and waited till it got toasty warm in here and went back to bed. when I got up the elect. was back on, the bators were normal and the quail were still happy. I have no idea how low temps. got in the bators but I'll know about April 12 when the Tinybird Seramas are due to hatch followed by more quail Apr. 15. Sometimes I really dislike Cotton Elect. Today storms and flickering power AGAIN.
Cowboy, I feel for you too, snakes and varments can terrorise a barnyard. Hope you get it.SOON.

Kass that is horrible!!!! Guess that means we won't be ordering from there. I had wanted a few different chicks from there but I will make sure to find them elsewhere now.

Okie ridge I have 1 incubator & hatcher on a battery back up surge protector. My generator doesn't kick on until power has been off for more than 12 seconds. Sounds minor but the surge protector malfunctionedproudest g because of the lightening) so my incubator didnt kick on when the generator did. Switched surge protectors then incubator kicked back on. Temp had dropped almost 10 degrees in about 15 min. It quickly came back up, but I don't doubt it would have been down to around room temp within an hour or so. I don't think 2 hours is an awfully long time for the eggs to drop in temp, but how long does it take for the incubator to regain the temp?
I am thankful I was home to catch the surge protector not working, if not the incubator would have stayed off all day!
Since I am stuck inside for the day I did a batch of cookies. May do more after while. Nice to fill the freezer with cookies now, no way will I bake cookies in the summer heat!

I guess I will find out when hatching time comes. I only had some test eggs in there (6 black banty cochin eggs from auction I paid $2.25 for a dozen, sent 1/2 to Carl and kept 1/2) and then I had almost 2 dozen guinea eggs in there that wouldn't be any good by time we meet up again in Blanchard. So I guess no big loss if I did loose them all but I really want to see how this incubator is going to work for us. We have a generator but don't have it hooked up to the house, we may have to rethink that with us having an incubator running now.

I wish I was home today to do some baking, or even some sleeping, lol. No one is getting out in this weather to pick up their WIC so it is a VERY quiet morning here in my office.

Back
Top Bottom