***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I tell you how bad this addiction is. Before long you start taking advantage of the poor little broody hens. The blue asil that I posted 21 days ago as going right back to brooding when I took her chicks away. I put 8 more eggs under her and today had 8 new chicks. I am not going to tell you guys that I thought seriously about setting another batch under her. (but I did) I decided even in my state of addiction she needed a break. besides I didnt have any eggs to set today and have 3 more hens on eggs.

I can't coax my EE's into being broody, hoping the up and coming NN's will have a better attitude about broodiness.
fl.gif

Elwood saw a tiny bit of new growth on the bamboo!
yesss.gif
Finally got to use this new smiley lol (even though I really dislike the arm pump gesture in real life)

Elwood saw a tiny bit of new growth on the bamboo!
yesss.gif
Finally got to use this new smiley lol (even though I really dislike the arm pump gesture in real life)

I put the cane I got from Elwood in the ground a week ago Sunday and I haven't checked to see if there is new growth on it yet... How did you plant yours, Kass? I cut mine into 8-12 inch pieces, dug a 3" trench and planted it with the stem laying horizontally on the bottom of the trench. I've been keeping it moist. All the old growth is turning brown, which I expected. Hoping to see some new shoots soon!

I put the cane I got from Elwood in the ground a week ago Sunday and I haven't checked to see if there is new growth on it yet... How did you plant yours, Kass? I cut mine into 8-12 inch pieces, dug a 3" trench and planted it with the stem laying horizontally on the bottom of the trench. I've been keeping it moist. All the old growth is turning brown, which I expected. Hoping to see some new shoots soon!
I didn't have any canes that could be cut into pieces to root, so I just planted the root stock as it was. I did seperate a couple of roots that were cemented together by the "dirt" poor Elwood has to deal with.
th.gif

Ya'll I had to post some information that I just dug up. Of course, I just bought and paid shipping on my first gallon so everyone jump in and tell me what all I am going to want to go clean with the stuff and what all it can/should be used for...

There is a place in Central Oklahoma where you can walk in and buy Oxine AH. I had no idea, and would not still have known had a hail mary email not finally coughed up some usable information.

35.00/gallon (and they can get the quart size and she is going to find out that price and put it in the computer)
Just call Brandy before you drive there and make sure she has what you need in stock.

I told her I was going to post this on the internet and she did not seem alarmed at all....which kinda surprised me. I personally consider those to be quite chilling words in almost any context...but she gave permission so there you have it.

Professional Animal Health
2005 South Main Street Newcastle, OK 73065

Hours M-F 6 am - 5pm
They don't answer the phone on Wednesdays as that is surgery day.

Off to fetch children and play taxi.

Kelly
PS...anyone who ended up with some of those chickens from me at POOPS tell me how they are adjusting to their new homes? ....sebright roo with ? hen and dark cornish bantams? ring a bell? Poco how are the trees...any live? Coral, my girl is doing so well....did almost everyone at POOPS take home a Silkie?

Back
Top Bottom