Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cammie, YES all the eggs are Brabanter. I guess I forgot to mark them all. Oh, and thank you for the info on the chicken expert in Grady county. I need to look him up.

Gerald and I still intend to make a trip to the Harrah auction Saturday night. I sure hope it's warmer than the last few days! I am SO ready for springtime!

I have marans eggs hatching. I bought them from Ray Valentine in Florida. It looks like I have 6 blue, 5 black, 2 cuckoo, 2 blue copper, and 1 healthy wheaten marans! Well the last chick is also a wheaten and I just had to help it out ... I don't think he's gonna make it ... bloody hatch & curled feet. Poor fella!

I've bought other marans eggs lately ... some on Ovabid, some on Ebay, some on Eggbid, some by searching on the web. I hope to have unrelated marans of several different colors this year. I hope somebody has some nice ones to trade???? Well, if not, I'll surely have some nice marans roosters for sale eventually.

Oh, and my araucana eggs I bought from the Harrah auction 3 weeks ago are due to hatch on Sunday. I have my fingers crossed! They were the only thing I bought that night, and I bought them in the parking lot, after the auction was over. Nobody would bid more than $1.25 on the auction and the seller PO'd because they wanted $2.

Foghorn, Clark was actually the guy who caught them last night.
lau.gif
He said his tire tread is on the road that goes by the activity center and band room, they really tried to run.

Grace, I am so excited about your Call duck laying! I know they will be pricey, they are beautiful, but I may have to try out some eggs sometime. I have been wanting a duck so bad! I keep trying to get Atwoods to let me take home the hurt ones.
sad.png

Uh, that's horrible! I would report them, Foghorn, that is so sad.
sad.png
At ours we take them to a separate pen as soon as they look sluggish or like they're being picked on. I work at Atwoods now, don't know if I mentioned that.
big_smile.png

Lacy, its okra. *ha* And I guess if you're wanting to compare it to Okies, you'd be a Flordie.
big_smile.png

Carla, I am so jealous that you got eggs at an auction! No one brings them to Cement, and I missed them the one time I got to go to Harrah. And lucky you with the Maran hatch!

Last edited:
Lacyloo - you are just hilarious
roll.png
lol.png

Cammie, cool! Your SO is not the town hero I guess
big_smile.png

Carla - Marans from the Valentines
ep.gif
I am soooo jealous
tongue.png
But, really, I am so happy for you, I know how excited you must be
big_smile.png

I wonder who wouldn't pay any more than $1.25 for Araucana hatching eggs
hu.gif
crazy people
roll.png

OK I am back after a small vacation....well not actually vacation I have been sick ended up in ER had 2 different sets of company and have accomplished nothing while my hubby ALso sick had a week off before starting his new job. MOnty do they usually have eggs at harrah. My silver laced have finally started to lay. My RIR that went broody hatched out 5 of 5 that she was setting, 1 black 2 blues and I think 2 light splash. Cammie so glad you found a house my husband and I spent almost 9 months looking and bidding and finally ended up with what we wanted. I do not envy you the kitchen remodel, My hubbie and I wanted house good and land that we could do things to over time. Well I will be on here but not as often as before my husband and I have been discussing homeschooling our 4 year old next fall to test the waters before the next school year and my son has decided that he wants to start now so we will be starting morning school hopefully the first of April. OK I think that is everything from my part of the world for now.

Kasi

I just got back from Harrah.
It was good to meet Jim from Mounds and Carla and Gerald. Saw Critter there too. No Okiechick though. I hope she is OK.
Cammie they didn't have a lot of hatching eggs. Just RIR's. Not a whole lot of chickens either. I "chickened" out and only sold four roosters so I am hoping these slackers start laying soon or I will be selling them.
Carla sold some Spitzhaubens. They are pretty birds.
The black Australorps there went very high. I think some of the trios were over $60.
For once I didn't buy anything. Yea me!.
Monty

Last edited:
Hey Buckguy, nice meeting you today! If you ever decide to sell that Jersey hen, let me know! Oh, and I hope you have a nice vacation!

I had to physically restrain Gerald from bidding on the Austrolorp trios, lol. He really did think we needed them. We have some eggs & chicks that we got from ebay though, so we'll have some laying hens soon enough ... well ok, maybe this fall!

I enjoyed watching the auction, and only bought the 6 hole nestbox. I had to buy something other than the cinnamon rolls!

Look What I Got!

Carla, did you bring me one of those cinnamon rolls? *ha*

Monty, congrats on the not-buying! That makes one auction for me, and one for you. Lets see if we can make it through the next one! Oh, and thank you for the egg report. I've got 10 in the bator now, and I ordered 6 Frizzles, so I should be set. Unless someone finds white or red bearded Silkie eggs...

Grace, Clark said that after he stopped the kids they said 'Cool! Can you all drive like that!?'
lol.png

Luvz, so sorry you've been sick, sounds like it was scary.
sad.png
I hope you are doing better now. You need some rest!

Just got home,and got the 2 Spitz's settled in. Their eating and drinking so maybe I'll have an egg tomorrow...OK, well in 2 or so months.
cool.png

Carla I sent you an email. Sorry I didn't take the time to introduce myself. Never really been an outgoing type, and usually when I'm at auctions, I'm "working", so I have to be very carefull about making new "friends". Occupational hazard I guess.

My son really likes the Spitzenhaubens. He wanted something he could show, but was pleased when I won the last 2 you had.

JImD

*FYI*

big_smile.png
Afton swap this coming weekend.

First Afton swap of the year will be this Saturday & Sunday, (3/15 & 3/16/o8) and also will be on for the whole Easter weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun) following that.

Located on Hwy 59 on the right a few miles south of Hwy 60/ 59 junction in Afton. Coming from Grove, about 8 miles north on Hwy 59 and on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom