Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Quote:
Sherri, I didn't realize it was you that bought those emu eggs at Durant. Congratulations! You are hooked on hatching! When I saw those come up at the auction, I was even tempted .... but then I remember how B I G they get. My feed bill is outrageous already!
ep.gif

Wow, I missed a lot on here the last few days. I was too busy yesterday to even look at the posts, and today it's really difficult to get a few moments to look.

The Durant auction was fun to see. It just amazes me how many birds and eggs and chicks & dogs & goats and junk is there. It's such an experience ... I still think that place is ....... uh .... different .... kind of spooky ... maybe because it's so dark and dirty and all the cobwebs and all & antique stuff. I don't think I'd ever go there by myself. I'm a chicken
gig.gif

I had a pair of mallards come visit my front yard the other day. And for those of you who don't know, I live in town with a college behind my house. So the ducks were a suprise to me! They came walking down the street, so I fed them and they settled under my bradford pear for the day.

I found some blue duck eggs behind my house today! I felt a little guilty, but I had to snatch a few and put them in the bator. First time its been fired up in at least a year! I'm so excited! Any idea what kind of duck lays blue eggs? Cayuga??

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, I love it when they get peafowl there! They are so gorgeous to look at.... and to imagine I have the space for one
roll.png

Well, the Spitz roo is settling in, although he seams to miss his brooder buddies. I can hardly see how Sherri chose first, and I was still left with this gorgeous guy! He is older and much more handsome than I let myself hope for, and he goes perfectly with my little hen
love.gif

Great! I'm glad he has a nice new home and his very own new girlfriend.

Speaking of roosters, do you or does any Okie here have a wheaten OEG bantam roo or cockeral for sale? I have 2 pullets that I bought as chicks at a Blanchard auction.

Okcarla, I'm doing great! I've got a new job working for the new grady county sheriff, and it seems like life has been non-stop! We've recovered from our Project Bathroom Rebuild, and I think we are finally done with the house. We fixed up the flower bed today, and I'm actually getting a chance to sit down and check out BYC!
big_smile.png

How have ya'll been lately? Still going to the Cement auctions?? I haven't been in a very long time.

Quote:
No, but I do love the mille fleurs ... I have a young trio of the d'uccle.

The bantam breeds are really selling well at the auctions we've been to lately. In fact, they seem to sell higher than the LF. I haven't figured out why yet
idunno.gif

Quote:
Ooooooh ... that job sounds really exciting! Now you can compare info with your DH!

Yep, still auction crazy & going to Cement on the first Sat of every month, but trying to sell and not buy anything ... just not successful at that though
hide.gif
Something causes me or Gerald to raise our hands & bid on things we don't need!

HA! Yes, I too I have felt that invisible elbow nudge that causes us to uncontrollably raise our hands during auctions.
lol.png
Ya the job is actually really fun. Its interesting because he works for the city and I work for the county. So we aren't on the same radio frequencies, but we listen to each other on different radios. So if you ever call the police or 911, you just might be talking to me! Hopefully not on 911 though.
roll.png

Hey Okcarla, I know you need a rooster but on the crazy24 auction a few pages back I think, there were pics of some show Quality Blue Wheaton Old English Bantams, they are absolutly gorgeous!! You might talk to the owner, they were auctioning off eggs from the ones they show. Lynn

Quote:
well, i have about decided i can't separate them- tonite when i was trying to introduce them to the standard chicks, he tried to protect the girl- by rushing the larger chicks...
hmm.png

will have to look into those cochins you mentioned-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom