Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
NOAA won't forcast that far ahead.
sad.png

Quote:
Several years ago I gave coternix quail eggs to a kindergarten teacher who was accustomed to annually hatching chicken eggs in her classroom. After seeing how energetic the quail are when they first hatch (and enjoying the shorter incubation time for quail) that teacher decided coternix quail are the better option for the classroom. The children loved to see the tiny quail in constant motion. I enjoyed the coternix quail because they start laying when they are less than 8 weeks old and their eggs are so cute.

I hope the weather isn't like it was last year at the Shawnee show.
sad.png

Thanks to Grace, my chicks have a wonderful new home! They no longer have to share a garage with a stray kitten.
lol.png
If anyone wants a small orange house-kitten, please let me know...

Cammie, thank you
smile.png
They are actually staying in a box in our shop tonight, just to help with the transfer. But after this they will go in the brooder in our newly-winterized coop
lol.png
And of course, once they get a bit bigger, they can go with some Silkie buddies
D.gif

Quote:
Ugggg! You made me remember the icestorm of last year, and how they had to let the birds (and their owners!) go home only part-way through the first day of the show!

farmqueen, yes like Carla said, that auction is the first and third Tuesday of every month at 7 p.m.
I have been a few times, and have always been amazed at the number of birds! The only things I've bought, though, were some Orpington chicks.

sundownerok918, what a sweet offer! I have no more pens (even for those tiny little birds)! But, I do have a family in my 4-H poultry club that may be interested, if you don't mind me asking them (?)
I will be at Shawnee, by the way
yippiechickie.gif

Teach97, yes, we met up by the concession stand last year, and that worked fine
smile.png

Quote:
I didn't get the pm ... please send again!

And yes, I am still under the weather unfortunately. However, I hope to be feeling great and ready to go to a Shawnee Show next Saturday!!!!
frow.gif

Thanks, I think I'll check it out. I did a search on the forums and found directions (I think).

I'm not looking for anything special. . . just think I'll check it out
smile.png

Thanks again for giving me the times and dates.

Where is the concession stand at Shawnee? I don't remember seeing it last year; we did meet in the middle section of the building. The concession stand may have already been closed, because the storm was coming.

The truth of it is, all of us women met there because it was across from the bathroom.
lol.png
Just kidding.

Has anyone got any snow?? I heard the wind pick up here a few minutes ago. It was very strange to look out the window last night and see Christmas lights and lightning.

Grace, did the chicks adjust alright???

Hey fellow Okies!!! Sorry I went MIA from this thread. Life got crazy busy while I was in school and I had to take a break from my main threads for a while. School was awesome, and I think I did pretty well grade wise. The grades will be out in a week or two, but I think going by what I've seen I will make A's and B's. Can't complain about that! And BIG news!!! We are going to have another baby!!! We're due at the end of July-beginning of August. Hope everyone is doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom