Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuban and GoldRose, did you know there's a possiblity of getting a chicken egg in Dragon Cave? I want like 20 of them! *haha* I got a really neat lookin egg that took me a while to get, ya'll should check it out.

Slightlycracked - Have a question for you....... On our
entry form for Pryor, top right, there is a place where
you check whether you are entering Junior or Open.
And, the Pryor 4-H is sponsoring the show. Kenny told
Bill that they intended to have lots of ribbons for the
Junior Class.

On the entry form I recieved today:
Junior Exhibitors 19 yrs. old and under which compete in the open class will also be competing for one of a TOP 5 Junior Exhibitors trophy. Please mark Junior on entry form.

And when I talked to Mr. Kvittum he stated that it is and open show and the Juniors will be judges with the open birds. If no Juniors make champion row then the top 5 Junior birds will be picked for the TOP Junior Exhibitor. I am 99.3% sure that is the way it works. Give him a call and ask, he is super duper nice!!!

OK I was looking for our NPIP certificate and I CAN'T FIND IT!!!!!
barnie.gif
I have the yellow sheet of paper where we got I got them tested but I can't find the official certificate!!!!! What am I going to do?? A copy of it has to be mailed in with the Pryor entry form. Do you think a copy of the yellow(testing) sheet would do?

I am all the way in the N.E. corner, but I have bantam cochins for sale​

Ok guys and gals that are real close to me, I have nothing else to do. Got the incubator a going and only have about 30 eggs going. Plenty of room. Got some eggs u want hatched in a sportsman, I have room for about 7-9 doz. If you do contact me thru PM

Quote:
if that was for me...thanks but that would be a little out of the way!
lau.gif
I like seeing birds and all but
barnie.gif

Hay...about that NPIP thing...what do you have to do?

A cert. tester has to come out and take 1 drop of blood from each bird and test it for pullorum. Then they write up a document that they send to the state and you get your flock certification. The entire flock must be tested yearly. If you have a state vet come out chances are they will do an AI test too then your flock will be certified AI free as well. There should be a tester in your area but if there isn't you can call the ag dept in OKC and take the class to get certified as a tester, then every three years you have to take a refresher course.

I sure wish it were spring. I keep reading about chicks and wishing that Atwoods had some for me to bring home, lol. I did call them, they said late February, maybe March. *sigh*

How warm does it need to be in order for me to let the little cochins set on some?

This is the Okie thread.
lol.png
I don't remember us having anyone here from Kentucky, I know we have some from Arkansas though. But with all the new members we've got, I can't keep up with everyone anymore!
big_smile.png

AAAAWW come on Teach ROAD TRIP!!!! They sure are ardorable with thier fuzzy lttle feet and poofy butts!
Ok if I can't get you with cochins what about some Buff Orpington pullets, great brown egg layers.
smile.png

wee.gif
I found mt NPIP cert!!! I have search the internet for that NPIP cert class and can't find out when they hold it. We only have one tester in this area and i would really like to take the class. Even if it is just to do my own herd(Ihave to many birds to be a flock anymore).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom