Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Stray do you have any type of thermometer? Another way to tll if they are cold is if they cheep really loud.

When I brood out chicks and hang a heat lamp above them in a wading pool I gauge how high to set the lamp by watching and listening to the chicks. If they are huddled directly under the light and cheeping loudly they are cold and I lower it but if they are spread out and just acting like chicks then they are fine.

Quote:
That is good information to have - I have given Gatorade to llamas that were dehydrated, but would not have thought about giving it to poultry.

Sounds like a whole lot of October b-days, my wife's is the 22nd. I guess that you guys are going semi-annual? Chilli cook-off sounds fun but if you do that then I think that a POOPS cookbook ought to follow even if it is just a new thread on the recipe board. Should I start one? Everyone could put the most like
tongue.png
dishes from this last weekend and the fall chilli winners.

Last edited:
Quote:
1. I'm envisioning that they're in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket...might be good to find a little more room for them soon. If they aren't huddled together cheeping loudly and if they aren't panting all the time they're probably okay.

2. So THAT'S what happened to the PEPPERMINT ICE CREAM Teach promised! Maybe Teach will see this and remember if he gave you quail food or chick food or layer mash or neonatal reptile chow. They should have food and water available 24/7.

3. Keep an eye on her - but if she's eating and drinking and walking around...don't know what else to tell you.

4. Pine shavings are fine, sounds like you're doing great.

Teva had a glass of Gatorade sitting by the bed one night and before we realized what was happening her Chihuahua had drank a good portion of it. Poor little doggie could not sit still for about an hour after that!

I had to leave work and take Gerald home sick today. He's got chills and a fever and says he aches all over. I asked him if he could oink like a pig to see if he has swine flu. I think he has it!
ep.gif

Poor thing went straight to bed. I guess I'll have to break the news to him about Al when he feels better.
sickbyc.gif

ke_ben, I like the recipe book idea!!!
droolin.gif
Chili is one of my favorites to make, so I will be in on this one, I am thinking someone should be sure there is more Banana pudding there also!!!!
wee.gif
Lynn
old.gif

Was it something I said?
hmm.png
You guys have been making me hungry
droolin.gif
since I joined in and everybody raved about the good food, so that's why it came to mind.

I guess that I should refresh the page before I speak.
roll.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom