Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I might have to get a few of those. Do they come in orange?
If so I could use those to decide which hens I cull for dumplins.

yuckyuck.gif

So if they use the orange , they become soup right? If so, I agree.

Orange chicken, served with rice & noodles.

Quote:
Your supposed to downsize at POOPS not before. LOL

Oh I am going to downsize at POOPS as well!! I have a whole bunch of chicks that I am bringingand some silkies and probably some Polish as well I promise I wont come empty handed!!!!

Quote:
I have some chicks that are about a week old I have them in a old rabbit hutch with a blanket wrapped around them with heat lamps the others I think are pretty well acclimated, it is suppose to get down to 49 tonight up here so we will see how it all goes, but I do know that my chickens have been enjoying this weather!!!!

im going to try an get over there havnt been in awhile.got rooosters????
lol.png

Quote:
Your supposed to downsize at POOPS not before. LOL

Oh I am going to downsize at POOPS as well!! I have a whole bunch of chicks that I am bringingand some silkies and probably some Polish as well I promise I wont come empty handed!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:

Do I have roosters??? Oh yeah I got some and I am going to load up my dads roosters as well and I cleaning up a bunch of miscellaneous stuff as well around the house and sheds!

I have a chicken that is setting and she should be hatching any day. I'm wondering when the babies are born, if I should take the mom and babies and put them in a seperate pen until the chicks are older?

The Polish that I have is buff laced and silver, I just bought them yesterday I bought 8 for a very very good price and not sure but I think I am gonna keep 4 and sell the rest. As soon as I get the camera out there to get some good pictures I am going to post them I am so proud of them they are the first Polish that I have had, I am gonna try and find some white crested this weekend at the swap

Quote:
Yes I would get her out of the main pen with the other hens. Seems to work better for me anyways.

I like the atwood boxes! They would work great I think. I have milk crates that I turned into nest boxes.

Luvs~ that was a great post, I got tickled.

Welcome to all the new person's!! Hope to see you all at P.O.O.P.S. I was a newbie last spring, let me tell you it is so much fun! The gest would be to show up around 9 am with food & chickens an prepare to have a great day. If you are interested in letting me know what food you might be bring, I will add it to the list. I am also heading up the t-shirt orders. I will put up those post following this one. PM or post if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom