Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
LOL hehehehe I do think it's kinda cool though, I like it when they change colors.

Oh yeah I just remembered seeing a RP in the cage when Mike & I were loading that roo, so you finally got your beloved Turkey you have been waiting so long for. Good for you.

AL

He was a special present!!!
love.gif

Quote:
I know one thing that worked for Jones is to split the Misc. sale from the animal auction. Once a month,I think, on Sunday they have an outside sale for furniture and the like and start it at 2pm so it's after morning services and before evening services. It always draws a good crowd.

Good evening folks!
Just finished watching Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. Dang it was a excellent movie after getting over the racial slurs the main character uses (Clint Eastwood) but in the context of the movie it is just part of the story.

Anyway I had a wonderful surprise when I got a good look at my birds I bought at the auction last night. What I thought was two black polish/cochin crosses actually turned out to be a pair of black sultans (hen & roo). I love these birds, feathered feet, extra toes and beards, my perfect bird.
love.gif
So you all know I want more of sultans. Oh and salmon favorelles, and mottled cochin and white ameraucanas. Speaking of ameraucanas the light blue hen I bought last night at the auction is a hefty bird. I am wondering if she is a standard, she weighs 6+lbs. Now I have a blue, a black and a light (almost white) ameraucana hens. Now I just need to get me a white, black or blue rooster. Hint, hint, hint!!!

Well reading about going fishing sure sounds fun, have not been a years. I am strickly catch and release person after the incident with the fish that was still alive when we started skinning. Nope do not want to go through that again.
sickbyc.gif
I caught a 25lb carp and almost broke my pole bringing the thing in. Finally had to go out and drag it back to the shore and then let it go. I know, I know
smack.gif

Well I have clothes to fold and stuff to get ready for the start of the week. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening! Night All!

Quote:
I too think as many of us do here that the scheduling of this new Fletcher auction does conflict with the more established and well run auctions in our area. The Fletcher auction owners need to find a way to attract the volume chicken buyers in the area, I think that is a critical to their success. If it continues to bring in the garage sale type goods instead of quality poultry that they are fast becoming the norm the big flocks of real chicken folks may just pass altogether.............................. Sorry Jim.........................

AL

What days and times of the month would be better do you guys think for an auction so that it doesnt interfere with anyone elses but everyone can make it? I am open to any suggestions.... I can't make everyone happy but we will definetly try our best.

The 3rd Saturday of the month is wide open, and a chance for Fletcher Auction to shine..

AL

Quote:
LOL hehehehe I do think it's kinda cool though, I like it when they change colors.

Oh yeah I just remembered seeing a RP in the cage when Mike & I were loading that roo, so you finally got your beloved Turkey you have been waiting so long for. Good for you.

AL

He was a special present!!!
love.gif

Your a lucky Gal, somebody loves you
love.gif

AL

Quote:
But better does. And raw milk is better on so many levels.

I will tell you this... I never met a daryman who would drink store bought milk, and I've been around a few in my time.

And I know a whole bunch of doctors, but I don't know any that will drink raw milk.

And you asked them? "Hey, Doc, do you drink raw milk?"
big_smile.png

I probably spoke too strongly. There are no doubt dairymen out there who wouldn't drink the milk out of their tanks, but given the way dairying has changed in some areas, I wouldn't blame them. I wouldn't drink milk from confinement cows either. Or rather I should say, unprocessed milk from those cows, because many times when I drink milk from the store, that is exactly the sort of system it comes from.

Give me good, raw, organic milk from pasture fed cows any day over the processed stuff from the hormone and antibiotic ingesting beasties that make up the typical conventional dairy now days.

old.gif
Hi everyone, as some you know by my invites I have joined the world of FarmVillE!!!! Yes I know, it is a crazy game and I really didn't think I would like it but I find it very exciting and fun to play, keep catching myself going there to see who has popped in or what has grown to need harvesting and such, heck I even bought me a lamb to keep my cow company that my wife gifted me!!! Anyways, hope all of you have had a wonderful holiday season, hope you all are staying warm and most of all I hope all your chickens are doing well and you are starting to get some eggs!!!! I get a few a day now, enough to keep us in eggs and give momm some once in a while. Have a great day and if you are on FarmVille stop by my place and see what I have going on. Lynn
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I know one thing that worked for Jones is to split the Misc. sale from the animal auction. Once a month,I think, on Sunday they have an outside sale for furniture and the like and start it at 2pm so it's after morning services and before evening services. It always draws a good crowd.

Very good point and a great idea Les..................... That way those of us chicken folks that don't have any interest in Misc, don't have to waddle through it during or before the poulrty portion, if your drawing Misc buyers they won't be buying or selling birds.

AL

Quote:
Yes it was.............. had to be amoung the tops for a postseason game. WOW !!!!!! What a game huh.....

AL

It was a very good offensive game between two very good quarterbacks. I was rooting for the old guy, but then I usually do (not next Sunday in the Dallas/Viking game, though). Not a whole lot of defense todaay, and defensive is my favorite kind of game (almost 90 points and a thousand yards doesn't make for a great defensive struggle). But it was nice to see the defense is what won the game in the end.

I'm glad Arizona won. They might be able to handle New Orleans, and I always love to see the Cowboys and Arizona play... especially this time because it would mean they play in Dallas.

And Dallas can play some D!

Is this Raw milk you guy's have been talking about an aquired taste ???, I may have some slight reservations not having tried it yet. do you drink it warm or can it be chilled??

AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom