Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
My daughter is already begging to go fishing. Ill wait till the crappie start spawning and get her on the lake. Im a huge papermouth fan, love those buggers. Catfishing also, and of course panfish fishing with a little 4' UL is a blast.

Quote:
Buff brahmas, dark brahmas, or partridge rocks are the top 3 choices. I know... I'm picky.
sad.png
Bad me, no biscuit!

Quote:
Thanks for rubbing it in, AL.
lol.png

Just doin my part to keep everybody in the market................. LOL.

Big Q they had some very nice Light Brahma hen's go through last night and our friend Sam scarf - em up for I think 14 or $ 15.00 ea. Cinnamon Queen layers went for $9.00 ea and that was a good deal. I started to bid on a nice trio of Colorado Chukars but Teaches little brother wanted them more than I at $9.00 ea.

AL

Ronnie I sold my dock last year, I wish I wouldnt have but where it was at I had to always tend to it when the water was up, due to it being on the river instead of the main lake, but there is a public heated dock that we fish now that has given us enough Crappie to stock up for a while!!

Quote:
Thanks for rubbing it in, AL.
lol.png

Just doin my part to keep everybody in the market................. LOL.

Big Q they had some very nice Light Brahma hen's go through last night and our friend Sam scarf - em up for I think 14 or $ 15.00 ea. Cinnamon Queen layers went for $9.00 ea and that was a good deal. I started to bid on a nice trio of Colorado Chukars but Teaches little brother wanted them more than I at $9.00 ea.

AL

Al looked like prices were decent last night! Come March if I have any birds that I am getting rid of I may bring them down and see what happens. I got 3 Light Brahma hens out of a different blood line and have a pretty good looking flock started hoping that it gets better though!! How are the ladies in your life doing?? No more sickness I hope!

Quote:
Still nothin'. *sigh* Looks like I might be taking advantage of getting some day olds, or even paying the extra and buying 3-4 that are at POL/started.

Fixing to mix up some scratch pancakes (double chocolate) and freeze them for breakfasts.

Faerie,

You have to remember who your audience is on here. "Scratch" to chicken people means something completely different. Those pancakes don't sound all that appetizing to some of us
smile.png

-Stimp-

We have two good docks to choose from down here, both heated. I like to take a med size minnow on a smaller hook (not so small they swallow it and die), no weight, and toss it out along the dock. The weight of hte hook slowly brings it back under me and it seems to do well with the crappie and bluegill. Sometimes we manage a few catfish with those minnows when im straight dropping them down and slowly realing them up. Got a hold of a 6lb cat on an ultra light with 4# test last year and he dang near whipped me bad, took me forever to land him.

Stimpy is already getting his gear together, not wasting any time.

Ronnie : Crappie are one of my fav's to fish for, nice lazy man fishing when there slow but if there hittin watch out.

Q : Don't be spoutin to loud about the boats and lake action, cuzzzzz we okies will come a runnin. It sounds terrific. count me and stimpy in, and County, Monty, Roy, and the rest. We will have you overrun and Carolyn will go nut's.

AL

Quote:
Carah
hugs.gif

Q : Good to hear the Bahmas are layin, they do well even in the winter and get a load at the size of em.

AL

Al I say bring it on we have a camper and a house and the park that we park the camper at has some Cabins, and plenty of tent and rv spots,I would love to have you all if ya ever wanna come up this way hollar and we will set it up and have a good time!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom