Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
All right Queen he is weaking!! Now for those bantam NNs!!LOL

Wayne what color NN bantams do you have??

What color are you looking for? Hmmmmm?

the asain people i know there will take atleast 100 muscovys at a time at $15 for drakes an $12 for the hens an at that makes it worth the drive.i have also got a call for them in witchata now.so i may haul them there this time instead.for the same price the asain people really like to eat them
Quote:
I seen you said you take your bird's to KC wen you sale thim is that a long way's to drive. Muscovy's are hard to get down this way an wen they do show up they go HI!!! A nice pr of blue color brot 20 something each at cement. They only had 5 half grown this time an i got thim for 5each..

OKladoodle- The ones that have been sitting for a long time, you think the eggs are no good? My husband is worried there chicks in them, but it has been way over 21 days. They each have 2 under them. If I get get rid of the eggs, do you think the broodiness will go away?

Poultryand bees- I have water for the momma but she isn't drinking it much.

Does anyone else have chickens that don't seem to drink much water? My poor guys pant like crazy, but they have fresh water.

Quote:
I seen you said you take your bird's to KC wen you sale thim is that a long way's to drive. Muscovy's are hard to get down this way an wen they do show up they go HI!!! A nice pr of blue color brot 20 something each at cement. They only had 5 half grown this time an i got thim for 5each..

Here is someone in Harrah selling Muscovy ducklings for $4 each
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/grd/1805095681.html

hi guys...hope everyone is staying cool- keep running outside to check on all of them- the coop inside is cool, but will they hangout there...nahhhhh....they'd rather roast...

are there any auctions close by? i really need to downsize.... just a bit

P&B, i finally doused a couple of mine and then got a milkbottle froze it and sat it in the water, so then they started drinking- so maybe they want chilled??

Quote:
Panting and raising their wings to get air circulation under them is about the only way a hen can get rid of excess heat. If you don't want to candle the eggs to see if they are still viable, try removing one or two at a time and 1) smell them to see if they stink like a rotten egg and 2) let them cool off for about 30 minutes and then listen to the egg. As the egg cools, you may hear cheeping if there is a viable chick inside and they are close to hatch. I generally try to date eggs when I see a hen go broody so that I know if any new eggs have been added after the hen starts sitting and when to pull eggs that the hen won't give up on. (I learned that lesson the hard way
sickbyc.gif
)

Quote:
I certainly prefer MY water to be cold when I drink it
big_smile.png
- stands to reason that the hens will drink more if it isn't as hot as the outside temperature. A frozen jug of ice in the water is a good idea.

Question for those of you who have raised muscovy ducks - do they "roam" very much or can they be confined to a fenced area? One of the reasons I like the runner ducks is because they tend to stay within a fenced area without feeling the need to explore the pasture on the other side of the fence. The runners also don't fly up into the stock tanks. Are muscovy ducks like runner ducks in that respect or would they tend to always be getting into the stock tanks on the other side of the fence? Curious minds who live close to the muscovy ducks for sale Harrah want to know.
jumpy.gif

well mine stay right in my yard an im 100 yards off of the lake.they dont get in my horse water i have a kiddie pool for them an they just stick to it.i wish i was close to those muscovies i would buy them up to add to my herd im feeding out i know i can probally sell atleast 300 of them if i can afford to feed them that long.as soon as the feather i will turn them out to free range.they do so much better that way
Quote:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom