Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
caf.gif
Morning all : Just got in from the morning hunt, only a couple of hours but it was fun and we will hit the fields again tonight. We got a bunch and it was fun watching the rookies shoot 3 boxes of shells for 10 birds LOL. Waiting on some calls from some friends to see how many I will have for Poker night, it's always a blast and lot's of laughs.

Jeannie : Why haven't you gone to Spencers feed out on SE bishop they always have everything no need to stress out because they have it.

Don : Hunting some fields near my house, I have a friend who has 360 acres just a 1/2 mile down the road. He sows big sunflowers & milo in the spring then just plows it under 2 wk's before the opener, he made us some real nice hay bale blinds this yr so it was comfortable. The birds were coming in waves of 8-12 birds every 2-3 minutes the shooting was wild to say the least, and the dog's worked well today. Will do some jump shooting this afternoon.

Monty : I found some Honkin big Lamb shank's at the bottom of the freezer so I am going to put some of those on tomorrow.

AL

Quote:
Morning Jeannie, I slept in a bit this morning and just getting around to coffee Been catching up on posts (lurking) I was up late in the pen with Tink and the girls working on a project and they are so friendly and curious they follow me all over the pen and one of the hens stays right besides me and if I reach for something low she tries to get my wedding band LOL She is fascinated with it.

I am glad to hear they are adjusting well to your place... thats good
smile.png

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
There are never any "wrong" chicks are there? LOL If you mean not purebred Ameraucanas, don't worry there are plenty of Okies that can help you with that.

hugs.gif
Ivy. Still praying for your dad.

Take P&Bs advise. I just say I'm not cut out to be a good housewife. I get to spend far more quality time with the kids and DH though, so it's worth it in the end to us. Never open any of my closet doors though, I don't want to have to call an avalanche team to excavate you.

I have to go get my feed before they close today and aren't open again until Tues. I couldn't find any flock raiser type pelleted feed, so I went with the Mazuri gamebird maintenance and leave oyster shell out for the hens. Almost double the cost, but I think I'm making some of it up with less waste and it cuts down on the dust. I don't have to walk DH through who gets what as far as feed too if I'm gone with the kids to a show.

Quote:
Atwoods is not very customer friendly anyways. I'm surprised they didnt jump at the chance to gouge on the prices for a pallet...LOL
smack.gif

Quote:
Jason mentioned that this morning thinking they might have some... Are they open till when today?

Robert shut's down the store at 12 noon, but they are there in force till then. Don't scam my last bag of DE I haven't picked it up yet, he's saving it for me.

AL

Mornin guys

Finally my lavender orps arrived today and my white ameraucana from pips and peeps will be on their way after the holiday , thank goodness for started fowl , don't have to wait so long for eggs lol

Quote:
Atwoods is not very customer friendly anyways. I'm surprised they didnt jump at the chance to gouge on the prices for a pallet...LOL
smack.gif

I used to really like Atwoods they used to be the one place I could get the size and gauge of wire I wanted but called them a while back and they don't carry the half by one or the one by two just the two by four and it's the thin stuff that won't last so called Home Depot and they didn't know what I meant by "welded wire" I called every place I knew of that might carry what I needed to build cages and the best I came up with was not what I really wanted and it says feet and inches on the lable but obviously China is on the metric system and it wouldn't match up with the wire I got years ago

Quote:
Jason mentioned that this morning thinking they might have some... Are they open till when today?

Robert shut's down the store at 12 noon, but they are there in force till then. Don't scam my last bag of DE I haven't picked it up yet, he's saving it for me.

AL

fl.gif
idunno.gif
good morning Al & Jeannie

Quote:
smack.gif

I used to really like Atwoods they used to be the one place I could get the size and gauge of wire I wanted but called them a while back and they don't carry the half by one or the one by two just the two by four and it's the thin stuff that won't last so called Home Depot and they didn't know what I meant by "welded wire" I called every place I knew of that might carry what I needed to build cages and the best I came up with was not what I really wanted and it says feet and inches on the lable but obviously China is on the metric system and it wouldn't match up with the wire I got years ago

Atwoods in Chickasha has the welded wire in a bunch of different sizes. I believe the 1 x 2 x 24 x 100' is 66.00 They also have some smaller roles of other sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom