Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
There's really only two kinds of birds, those that are game, and those that wish they were.

Good to see ya, glad to be back!

Matt

Quote:
LOL, I wasn't there but I got a big kick out of you weather request!!! Glad you had a good time & hope you make it back this way again!

Quote:
Yikes! We're about to buy a Bosch because that's what our kitchen guy said to get. What model did you have? What didn't you like about it? I guess we need to find another one to get!

Sorry you are having so much trouble!

Shelly

We got the Bosch b/c it was so highly recomended. It is model # SHE4AM16UC or SHE4AM15UC they are the same thing one is free standing the other under the counter. Trying to get it to cycle on is like playing russian roulette, sometimes it will cycle on and wash dishes, sometimes it won't (most times it won't)(actually my husband just told me it will cycle on once every two days there is a specific problem that is one of three things he has read about) it leaves little dry fine crusties on the dishes most of the time, or outright baked on food. We purchased it at Lowes in Tulsa and they can't find someone to work on it (to the point they are giving us a new dishwasher instead of repairing a 1 year old unit!!!!) When my husband called Bosch to try and trouble shoot (after countless hours on line trying to do the same) the person who answered acted like this is a known, regular thing. Ours was the low end of the Bosch price point at around $500, maybe the mid or high price point units are better, they certainly have a good name. If I were you and had my mind set on the Bosch I would certainly buy the extra warrenty and call around first to make sure it can be serviced first during the warrenty period then after. Good luck, hope you have more success then we did.

Last edited:
frow.gif

Just have to say I am still seeing chickens when I close my eyes....
Have a good work week...

Okie Moses,
We're just north of Springfield, Mo. My husband has family in Cordell so they met us in the city for dinner and went back home. I don't mind the trip down there at all but my trouble is usually getting off work. We usually save our big time off for going out to Maryland to see our oldest son and his family, and 3 grandkids that I miss everyday.
I get 3 and 4 day weekends sometimes though so I'll keep an eye out for the dates of your get together, sounds like Fun.
Thanks!
Cathy

Quote:
I do have Black Cochins. They are not as big as the ones at the show. They are standard not giant. They are good size for standards and have great fluffy feathering. I dont usually do hatching eggs, mainly sell chicks. I wish I would have known as I have started cochins right now, about 2 months old and on the ground with a heat lamp.

Thanks SO much!!! We have been looking at the one in Bixby. I will pass the model numbers onto DH. I really appreciate the feedback! When you spend that much money, it is horrible to have it not work.

Shelly
Quote:
Yikes! We're about to buy a Bosch because that's what our kitchen guy said to get. What model did you have? What didn't you like about it? I guess we need to find another one to get!

Sorry you are having so much trouble!

Shelly

We got the Bosch b/c it was so highly recomended. It is model # SHE4AM16UC or SHE4AM15UC they are the same thing one is free standing the other under the counter. Trying to get it to cycle on is like playing russian roulette, sometimes it will cycle on and wash dishes, sometimes it won't (most times it won't)(actually my husband just told me it will cycle on once every two days there is a specific problem that is one of three things he has read about) it leaves little dry fine crusties on the dishes most of the time, or outright baked on food. We purchased it at Lowes in Tulsa and they can't find someone to work on it (to the point they are giving us a new dishwasher instead of repairing a 1 year old unit!!!!) When my husband called Bosch to try and trouble shoot (after countless hours on line trying to do the same) the person who answered acted like this is a known, regular thing. Ours was the low end of the Bosch price point at around $500, maybe the mid or high price point units are better, they certainly have a good name. If I were you and had my mind set on the Bosch I would certainly buy the extra warrenty and call around first to make sure it can be serviced first during the warrenty period then after. Good luck, hope you have more success then we did.

I wasn't the only one stalking her sale cages. DD has several pics I think are her black and blue little ones. Here's one of the only shots she took where everyone still has their head.

12939_shawneenationals2010_050.jpg

DD was in love with the Moderns ??? lemon blue and 2 other colors I remember. I was the worlds worst mom for the better part of Saturday because I said not this trip.

12939_shawneenationals2010_014.jpg

Fellow BYCers bird.

12939_shawneenationals2010_061.jpg

Quote:
There is a whole town up there (Halltown) named after our family It is southwest of Springfield.
i also have a lot family on my mom's side in Poplar Bluff, Lodi, Piedmont, I guess all around that area.

5 miles east of Wann, OK

Our RIR roosters are handsome critters their feathers glisten; but now they are grown, they keep attacking us in the yard. Always from the left back. Any suggestions? We have one barred rock, older rooster who is a handsome gentleman. I think we need to keep them to service our 22 hens. Do I have too high a ratio of roosters to hens? They all free range. We also have 1 now full grown hatched white roo with black tail feathers from a little black hen and the barred rock roo. Whitey is a nice guy but I guess he's learning about mounting because we have one barred rock hen with a bare spot on her back. We also have 5 newly naturally hatched chicks about 2 mos. old. Their mom abandoned them 1 month ago, but they are surviving with the big chickens just fine @ night. We do keep them in a separate pen during the day with supervised free range an hour or two in the p.m. Any suggestions? It was 14 degrees early this a.m. Two of our teenage grandsons built them a "beautiful blue chicken palace" two years ago for safety at night.

mybelleamia, Mom of 3,
G'ma of 11 grown;
3 old cats; 31 fowl;
& last but not least I am wife to a
husband who is a supreme provider
chick tender -12 cattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom