Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Listen to your daughter, isolate her, get a bottle of Sulmet at the feed store for her drinking water and put a heat lamp on her. She probably has a touch of cocci from the stress of the trip. Cocci is present in all birds, but normally isn't a problem - unless they're stressed. One of the two Cockerels I picked up at the show also displayed signs of stress related cocci; very loose, watery feces at first, wet fluff under the tail, reluctance to move. He's been in an isolation crate actually on the back porch since I brought him home. He's going to be fine, he's just young and needed a little "boost" to fight the bugs.

Hey Teach those German modenas are really cool. I saw some in Louisville. I think they will do away with the regular ones! Are the rex going to be snake food too? I been kicking around getting a couple of rabbits again. But their feed is about the higest you can buy.We are going to have to bring a bunch of pigeons to Poops next and get some more of these chicken people hooked on them!

Hey everyOkie!

Thanks to those of you from TX and MO who said hello and expressed your enjoyment of the show! Sorry about the weather - we're not liking it lately much either!

Averytds - thanks for posting the photo of Betsy and me with her new little buff silkie. I like hanging out with her because I like kittens and petting and holding her birds is such fun.

I forget to tell Buckguy and Donnie that I really enjoyed you letting me help carry your purchases out to your vehicles. I got to carry one of Buckguy's shiny Langshan hens that he bought from RodriguezPoultry. Donnie let me carry the huge Buff Orpington hen he bought - wow!!

Buffalogal - one of the highlights of my day was when you mistook me for Grace...oh to be that young and slender and have the smarts that young lady does!

I hope everyone is enjoying the cold snap...ick.

Hiya Okla-Doodle-Wayne!

Quote:
I thik as long as we can keep the regular modena crowds away from them things will be okay...those folks are crazy and just like to fight with each other!

The rabbits are for breeding snake food...when we meet again if you want some holler and i will fix you up! We have had pigeons...good number of them and only one I could talk into them was Monty's boy...I think he asassinated them...

City
love.gif

Just wanted to say what a warm and wonderful feeling it was to open the mail today and find a Christmas card from Wayne and Brenda, Thank you so much, I have the most wonderful chicken family in the world and Bless you all and Merry Christmas!!!! Lynn
cool.png

Quote:
Listen to your daughter, isolate her, get a bottle of Sulmet at the feed store for her drinking water and put a heat lamp on her. She probably has a touch of cocci from the stress of the trip. Cocci is present in all birds, but normally isn't a problem - unless they're stressed. One of the two Cockerels I picked up at the show also displayed signs of stress related cocci; very loose, watery feces at first, wet fluff under the tail, reluctance to move. He's been in an isolation crate actually on the back porch since I brought him home. He's going to be fine, he's just young and needed a little "boost" to fight the bugs.

Thanks to all that responded! I did the chopped egg & Gatorade. I cant find Sulmet anywhere...but I DID find Corid at Tractor Supply in Mustang. Our TS in Moore doesnt have ANYTHING, except Layena and overpriced Diet Coke. I'm gonna try Corid. She started acting better today, cruising the yard and scratchin around. Gerty was po'd that I was messing with her new chicken and she kept trying to herd this new one back to the coop. I think she is doing better, but I am going to get the Corid anyway just in case. Thanks all!

Evening guys, just checking to see if anyone knows of any Ameraucana hens out there. I am about 35 miles north of Tulsa and am trying to find some close to me. I am looking for solid black, blue or splash only, no bantams, big birds only. I am going to pick-up a rooster tomorrow and am hoping to find some hens to go with him. I don't want to get them from people who buy, sell, trade, only from breeders. If you know of anyone, drop me a line. Thanks

Well guys I got ahold of mr britt and mr autry , and neither one has anything left as of right now , but I'm on their waiting list , and the good part is I'm right in the middle between both of them lol well at least I thought that was a good thing especially for me to drive and pick up the birds so it will be spring time for me to get more til then ill just have to get this hen to layn and hatch myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom