old english game bantams

The roos can be aggressive, but I have had more trouble out of my dutch than my OEGB. Those guys are pushovers. The hens are very good mamas,

ETA: Oops! Wrong button
tongue.png

Anyway, the only problem you might have with them is that their combs can get frostbitten very easily in colder climates. I didn't notice where you are located., but if you are in a colder climate, you would need to at least keep the coop draft free, or think of dubbing the roos combs.

Last edited:
The hens are very docile to people and tame really easily, especially with the popular varieties (black, white, BBRed). They're dedicated moms that will fiercely protect their brood. Hens can be mean to other chickens, but this generally isn't the case.

Males can be either sugar sweet or living terrors. Make sure to handle your males often, even then, they can be aggressive. I raise OEs and I just accepted the fact that the males are going to challenge me. Mine never full on fight, but they peck and let me know that they're in charge. They have such charming personalities though. That alone makes them well worth their occasional bad attitude.

Overall, the breed is very hardy. They handle cold well and are prolific layers of tiny cream eggs. Light colored varieties tend to suffer mites pretty badly, but for the most part they aren't a favorite host for mites. They have strong immunities. They also live for a looong long time, especially the hens (10 years is expected, 15+ is common).

can amy one give my any pics of their old english game bantams and if anyone can i would like to see a pic of a broody old english bantam hen

i had some baby old english game bantams when they where babies but i gave them to my friend and i did not know what breed that they where and she shows me the pics of them when they got grown and i regret it alot:barnie:barnie:barnie:he:he

Back
Top Bottom