oldclucks cabinet incubator build.

will this work for a heat source

welcome-byc.gif
That is a good idea. 900 watts is like a small space heater wattage. Not sure if it will get up to around 100ºF. Do you have a thermostat? If you use a water heater thermostat you would have to mount it, I would guess, a little further away than you would a light bulb as a heat source. I would mount a fan also to circulate the air.

Last edited:
Yes when used with a proper thermostat. But 900 watts is quite a bit of overkill and I would be leary of it starting a fire if not installed properly. 200 watts would be plenty for a fairly large cabinet.

Hi oldcluck. I realize this is way after the fact . But how has your incubator turned out ? Last post I read is about 4 yrs old . I' m wanting to build an almost identical incubator. The incur kit from incubator warehouse is still working good ? I'm planning to insulate mine with 1" ridgid styrofoam , so basically will have to add 2" to your dimensions. All the rest should be the same . Any info very much appreciated . Thanks Balmoral

It's still working well have about 50 Wyandotte eggs in it right now. Hatches have been between 50 to 80 percent. Varies by how good I am at keeping the humidifier trays filled. At some time I want to put in a float valve and have the tray filled from a 5 gallon bucket automatically. Incukit heater is still cranking away.

Oldcluck i built one like yours but i modified it. I took the incukit apart and drilled 1 1/8 holes in the board the heating element is glued to. I cut just one hole in the false back and mounted the fan behind the panel . I then hotmelt glued the heat element back to the board and installed it on the front part of the false back infront of the fan. I have pictures in my albums below. I set 28 ringneck pheasant in it 6 were duds 22 went to the hatcher and 15 hatched one pipped but didn't make it. I currently have about 75 ga. giant out of 89 going to the hatcher friday. Thanks for the info on building it.
Hi there. I know this is a really old thread,, but do you possibly still have the pictures of how you reassembled your incukit? I can’t seem to find them.

Back
Top Bottom