Olive Egger and egg color

Ps. I used term "blue egger" because i dont have true ameraucanas, but easter eggers that carry the blue gene. And blue egg gene crossed with very dark brown egg SHOuld result in an olive egg. The vividness of olive color depends on the blue shade contribution too. U can crack a green egg & look at inside of shell color. (Peel off white inner membrane first.) A green egg of any shade will be blue inside shell.

Well, there are 93 in three different coops and everyone free ranges together. What that means for egg laying, is an easter egg hunt every night in the barn :p Of course, there are regular nests and at some point I will catch her on a weekend. I would like to point cameras at the nests, but we don't have wifi capabilities. Maybe a type of satellite camera. I'm not sure yet, I think we can get it done somehow.

I would love to know who all lays what and who isn't laying at all. Not that I care of they aren't, just out of curiosity.

I wondered about that, too! I'd have 6 million pictures of chickens squabbling over the nests :gig

I have three resident roosters and plan to add one more this year. (Two were hatched here and one is an old fella, I think around 8yrs old.) Whether he's hatched here, or not, I'm not sure yet. I have a friend that may have a lavender orpington cockerel he wants to give away, so I may take him.
Ive never been able to have 2-3 roosters all get along, sadly. I have 11 roosters right now.... 3 with ladies, and the rest in pens with other roosters. I feel so bad for them... not being able to free run. Some are going in the freezer this week because they became jerks over the winter, and even worse now that its spring fever here!! But Ideally I could have 3 that co-exist with my 35-40 hens. SIGH. one day maybe

And yes, you would have 1000 pics of hens "shopping" for a box. I watched a full hour of 15 sec videos of NOTHING BUT SHOPPING. LOL

Back
Top Bottom