omg help my chick is acting weird/strange :(

nancyy

Chirping
12 Years
Sep 30, 2007
I have a chick and he was very hyper when he first hatcheed like he was a normal chicken, now that he is around 10 days old he's acting like he's tired ALL the time, its like he's slowing down, im afraid and i really love him, and every time i see him he's never eating or drinking, he's sleeping, and sometmes he falls down on his side and he's wings are out and he doesnt even bother to try and get up he just falls asleep like that, is that normal ?

Last edited:
Is your feed medicated (this is to help build immunity to coccidiosis)... if it is not then this might be the problem. Use the search function here and type in cocci or coccidiosis...

I had a sleepy chick in my group, too. I was pretty worried, because, like you, I never saw the little tyke do anything but sleep.

For me, it worked out. I watched carefully for a few days, made sure she didn't have any poo stuck to her bum, and made sure she was eating and drinking. After a day or so she perked right back up. Still not sure what was going on, but she's a healthy member of my big girl flock now.

Good luck with your little one. Hope it's not serious.

Meghan

Back
Top Bottom