OMG I am falling for Cornish!!!

Smoochie

Songster
7 Years
Sep 18, 2012
CANADA
Tomorrow (or Sunday) I am picking up a trios of Dark Cornish Bantams!! I am surprisingly loving the look of this breed lately. Anyone have any experience with keeping this breed in a mixed flock?? Do they need a "lighter" diet to stay healthy?? I actually do not plan on eating them as they are just too cute. I will post picks when I get them. :)

I don't think Dark Cornish Bantams have as many issues as Cornish Xs. You might try the "Breeds,Genetics, and Showing"/ section

You're probably right... Even though this is the "Meat" bird section I got it wrong. I thought they might know about the diet. Can a mod move me please???

There's a lot of LONG breed threads in this forum. Not sure my post fits anywhere.. :/ I just wanted to share my excitement. :p

I love cornish. The real thing, not the ones they call Cornish cross or cornish x or meat birds. I've had a standard Dark Cornish hen for 2 years now. She just runs with the rest and does great. They're just chickens, they take the same food and such as any other. I know you'll love them. They're scrappy but not troublemakers in my experience. They won't let themselves be victims easily. I guess what I'm saying is that my girl won't start any trouble but will she ever finish it if someone else does! hehe And yet so calm and gentle around people. Love my girl.

Last edited:
That's great! Thanks for posting. Mid pecking order would be so ideal with my current flock. I will post pics when I get them. I have a pair of game hens Jem and Jerrica that are like hall monitors. They don't pick on anyone but keep everyone's in line and break up squabbles. They are just a bit smarter than the others. My bantams my be small but their personalities are huge and keep me laughing everyday. Hopefully I can pick up the Cornish today but I may need to wait until tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom