OMG! I think i killed all my ducks! HELP!

Pics
Again, just thinking about eating something alive with prickly pokey legs (not to mention those huge buggy eyes and antennas) makes me want to hurl. I remember the first time I saw shrimp intact, I was like "Whaaaaaaat is thaaaaatttt...." all those dangly legs and feelers.
And I do NOT have a sensitive stomach. I will clean up any number of truly foul (fowl??) messes and never bat an eyelash. But don't make me eat anything alive. In fact, I may avoid crunchy egg rolls for a while, after having read this post...:sick and I will never ever EVER eat a soft shelled crab served whole. I got one as a sandwich in a restaurant once (people swear they are delicious) and its little legs were dangling out of sides of the bun and its breaded eyes were LOOKING at me from under the top bun. Nope nope nope. Back it went.
I never eat something that looks back at me! Around the Mediterranean sea people eat "zombie" calamari, their arms wiggle when they are being salted on your plate...:sick

I skimmed through the thread quickly, and didn't see this mentioned. Maybe I missed it! But I have my own theory on what happened with the grasshoppers...

Grasshoppers have hard, stickery, pokey little legs. And wings. Similarly to crickets, they will rub their legs together or against a wing to make a vibratory sound.

I think that what happened was that the grasshoppers were NOT toxic, but more like it must have been similar to eating fish hooks or thorns. That stuff probably stuck in their throats!
Definitely Limpy had some stuff stuck in his throat. Dunno if it got stuck there on its way down or on the way back up, but he was choking and i had to pull out some leggy stuff.

They are almost back to normal, except for Blanca Duck who is back to "over-normal" - meaning she is super hungry. I haven't offered any food to the ducks today - no tasty pellets - and everybody but her was OK with that. Starting noon she came to the patio every five minutes demanding food, in the end she was on the patio complaining loudly! So early evening i returned their feeder to the duck house and she almost crawled in. She has too many Pekin genes…
How old are your ducks?

Back
Top Bottom