OMG! Speckledhen why didn't you warn me about these Barred Rocks???

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
I did 3 seperate hatches of eggs and these guys are the ROTTENEST BRATS!!!!!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
I get mauled everytime I am in the pen with them, they stand on my feet, jump up to be held!!!!!! I thought CJ was SPOILED!!!!! The funny thing is I haven't even handled these guys that much, is this how BR's are????? Or is it just the ones from Cyn's house?????
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I bet when the girls start laying they will want me to come sit with them when they lay
th.gif

Brat is such a strong word...but SPOILED, that's pretty accurate. Our BR, Ricki, demands attention, trumpeting, walking into the kitchen to see what's good to eat, following me everywhere, jumping on my back or head and biting my fingers. But she's the only one of our girls who will let me pick her up and pet her. When I do she starts to squirm and then when I put her down she waits at my feet to be picked up again. It's an endless cycle. I don't know if this how all BRs are but I sure do love Ricki's chickeny spirit! I say, enjoy your girls' affection!

Yup! My sis got her BR because his I mean her (It's name is Orville) former owner thought"she" was a wart. Twice Orville has jumped up onto my shoulder because "she" wanted attention.

Back
Top Bottom