OMG! Speckledhen why didn't you warn me about these Barred Rocks???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lockedhearts, Feb 23, 2009.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I did 3 seperate hatches of eggs and these guys are the ROTTENEST BRATS!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I get mauled everytime I am in the pen with them, they stand on my feet, jump up to be held!!!!!! I thought CJ was SPOILED!!!!! The funny thing is I haven't even handled these guys that much, is this how BR's are????? Or is it just the ones from Cyn's house????? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I bet when the girls start laying they will want me to come sit with them when they lay [​IMG]

2. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    lol Never heard of chicken brats before. [​IMG]

3. PeepMePosted

PeepMePosted Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    Brat is such a strong word...but SPOILED, that's pretty accurate. Our BR, Ricki, demands attention, trumpeting, walking into the kitchen to see what's good to eat, following me everywhere, jumping on my back or head and biting my fingers. But she's the only one of our girls who will let me pick her up and pet her. When I do she starts to squirm and then when I put her down she waits at my feet to be picked up again. It's an endless cycle. I don't know if this how all BRs are but I sure do love Ricki's chickeny spirit! I say, enjoy your girls' affection!

4. My chicken is cuter

My chicken is cuter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Yup! My sis got her BR because his I mean her (It's name is Orville) former owner thought"she" was a wart. Twice Orville has jumped up onto my shoulder because "she" wanted attention.

5. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    YES! I have some of Cyn's brats, I mean BR's and they are the same..Open door come right in, no problem, got any food, Wanna pet me? OK!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by