OMG! What is this dead thing in my driveway?????

carriehelene

Songster
10 Years
Feb 9, 2009
Capital Region NY
Looks like having 6 cats might be a benefit....but what the heck is this dead thing? Pretty sure it was hunting my chickens, it's got tiny pointed teeth. Just gross
sickbyc.gif

chickens.jpg

DH just got home, and said it's a minx
idunno.gif
I thought it looked kinda like a weasel myself, but never having seen one in person, I don't know. I'm just glad my kitties got it before it got my chickens. DH said it's young yet, probably would have gone after the eggs, not the chickens. Ummm, think he's forgetting I have Serama's and Pyncheons out there also, that wouldn't stand a chance against any kind of hunter, no matter how small. Not to mention all the babies the broodies have hatched out.

Last edited:
Looks like a Weasel or Martin (in the Weasel family )- I almost ran over a mink the other day - it ran across the road with a baby in its mouth! It was a beautiful dark dark brown. Thank goodness that is was not close to my house
wee.gif

I've never seen a mink with that sort of white belly coloring.... and I use a LOT of fur, I make hats, mittens and such from them. I've also never seen a mink with a black tipped tail... their tails are usually one color... It's definitely not a marten and if it was you'd need save the pelt and sell it for about $90..lol

Back
Top Bottom