OMGOMGOMGOMG>>>>>> UPDATE!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
AGREED!! I'm just telling you all EVERYTHING that is happening as it happens...I remain understanding but hurt!

What gets me is the neighbor seemed to imply that as the dog was killing the chickens we SHOULD have taken it by the scruff of the neck instead and held it till they could come get it! It had NO collar on! AND this was a BIG dog!!

It's great that you can come here and vent. Maybe your neighbor's only support right now is family and other neighbors. Hopefully once everyone calms down, things will work out.

It's sad for both parties involved. Both lost pets that were part of the family. We all are guilty of saying things when we are upset. Doesn't mean it's ok....but ~ it happens.

Last edited:
Thanks you all, my daughter is reading these posts and she is talking now more than crying and holding her stomach and rocking. She loves ALL animals even gets mad at us for catching in a mouse trap mice. She has NO remorse for this dog though. And yes she is a scrappy thing! Big as me, but I also got on her big time in a loving way for not retreating when she should have! Gut reaction on her part, now she knows better! JEEZ what a night!! I hope they are not out for retaliation! My daughter mentioned this, I said no way, but have thought about it myself. Just thinking aloud...

We didn't say anything bad about the dog or her family. The oldest son that came to get the dog was here for awhile, that dog had to be heavy!! Husband offered to help him get it home and up the back yard! We were being very civil at the time while trying to console the DD. I just hope someday they can see our side of the situation and have some remorse for our loss too. Some people just can't understand...

Pass this to your daughter....

coupon.gif

She said "THANKS" (with a small smile). I don't think we'll sleep much tonight. I'm wondering what tomorrow might bring with the neighbors. The neighbors husband works third shift, and hubby sees him in the gym 3 times a week, wonder what he'll have say if anything... Gonna go have a long talk with DD's about what to do or say if she sees one or more of the neighbors 7 kids out anywhere or their parents for that matter, just in case.

Last edited:
Quote:
When i was about 13, a german shepherd ran loose into my yard and got my cat. I responded the way your daughter did trying to save my cat. I was so traumatized (sp) and i will never forget the way i felt after that attack. Your daughter might not have had the chance to weigh the options and just reacted to help something she loved. I am a mom now too, and i can imagine how it feels to realize what could have happened if the dog turned. But try to focus on the pride in her bravery because it had to be about the scariest experience she has had, but she was very brave to stand up to a big dog like that too.

I agree with you wholeheartedly lurky! Thanks
smile.png
Good night all and hope someone learned something from this, we did, never let the chickens OUT come hail or high water!! I'll post pics and info about anything else that might have happened, I have to count up costs as well.
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Or perhaps, since it does a chicken good to get out , "Never let the chickens out before you have neutralized all the threats."

Last edited:
Tell your daughter how sorry I am for this traumatic experience. This is something that will stay with her the rest of her life.

You husband absolutely did the right thing.

Amazing that the neighbors KNEW where to look for their dog?

Did you ask the sheriff if you could press charges against the dog owner? At the very least, I'd be filing a report and take them to small claims. Are there leash laws in your neighborhood?

Quote:
How do you know how many places they looked before coming up their driveway. Maybe they rode up one or two other driveways before getting to her's.

It's also a little early to talk about pressing charges. It's also a little too early to talk about them taking them to small claims court.

This just took place a couple of hours ago.... we've seen irresponsible dog owners, nasty neighbors, small claims court, press charges, retaliation, the dog owner is to blame, the chicken owner is to blame. Jeez....

What is needed is a good 24 hour cool down and maybe they can talk it out. Then take it from there.

I'm not taking either side....just trying to be fair to both parties involved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom