Once Again... What is She? 6wks With Updated Pictures!

Quote:
Nope, they're black.
wink.png

She doesn't have the sheen yet. My 'Lorps didn't start showing theirs until they were a little older than she is now. I think she's a little big to be a BCM, but who knows at this age. Those little feather tufts are driving me insane because it's just those two little spots, like chick down, on her legs. She's totally clean other than those spots. She's either really bad quality feather legged or really bad quality clean legged. Either way, she's an egg layer so I don't care. I'd just like to know what the heck she is, you know?

Thanks so far, everyone, for the guesses!

Quote:
x2....My first thought was a Black Australorp. Looks exactly like my girls!!!

Nope, she's not an Australorp. She has yellow feet skin, not pink. I have 7 'Lorps (had 15). She's rounder than they were, too.
I'm still leaning towards JG... I just don't understand how she got in with the Barred Rocks from the hatchery.

It's not a JG. She would have yellow on her foot bottoms if she was. Then again...sometimes hatchery stock doesn't have yellow feet.

Just love her for the little question mark she is, I guess!
big_smile.png
Looks like a pullet to me.

Quote:
x2....My first thought was a Black Australorp. Looks exactly like my girls!!!

Nope, she's not an Australorp. She has yellow feet skin, not pink. I have 7 'Lorps (had 15). She's rounder than they were, too.
I'm still leaning towards JG... I just don't understand how she got in with the Barred Rocks from the hatchery.

Oh, I can very much see them getting mixed up by an inattentive employee sorting them:

Barred Rock chick:

http://www.bradbury.org/jims-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/chick_thumb_barred_rock.jpg

Jersey Giant chicks:

http://rantingirregular.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/chicks_jersey_black_giant2.jpg

You'd think with the dot on the Barred Rock's head, it'd be an easy pick, but like I said: Low paid, tired, inattentive hatchery employee

Back
Top Bottom