One Chick is Pecking at its Flock-mates Legs

dirt_drive

Hatching
Oct 9, 2020
Hello,
so I recently had a lone chick named Lemon for three days before I decided go get him/her some friends. I just introduced them today, three chickens total. They seem to be getting along OK, but Lemon won’t stop pecking at the others legs, like pulling, dragging on them. I tried to herd Lemon away a few times but he/she won’t stop. Is this normal behavior? What should I do? Also, Lemon is bigger than the rest and the others have hairy feet, but he/she doesn’t (probably a few days older I assume)?

Hello,
so I recently had a lone chick named Lemon for three days before I decided go get him/her some friends. I just introduced them today, three chickens total. They seem to be getting along OK, but Lemon won’t stop pecking at the others legs, like pulling, dragging on them. I tried to herd Lemon away a few times but he/she won’t stop. Is this normal behavior? What should I do? Also, Lemon is bigger than the rest and the others have hairy feet, but he/she doesn’t (probably a few days older I assume)?
What breeds are they, I know some can be more temperamental than others and it could just be that one chick, also if lemon is bigger, is it a large noticable size difference or minor

What breeds are they, I know some can be more temperamental than others and it could just be that one chick, also if lemon is bigger, is it a large noticable size difference or minor
I think they are *Feather Footed St Batams, not completely sure though. And Lemon is noticeably bigger.
*edit

Back
Top Bottom