One little Blue Swedish

Here is an updated photo

It's neck seems alot stronger today. It will stand for tiny amounts of time. If you put your hand in with it it will stand and start rubbing its head between your fingers. But, it's starting to have what seems to be little chocking fits and will cough up liquid. Can hear a clicking sound when it breathes. Still chirping alot when awake. Stands andtries to get out of its llittle box. Wants to be held but I know it needs the exercise of trying to walk.

Coughing up liquids is not good, is he pooping and peaing? Chirping could be two things, ONE, ducks don't like to be alone so they need a companion. or Two something internally is causing him pain.

He needs to be comforted a lot. Don't let him be alone. Keep him warm. He should constantly be warm.

Here's my little guy

Yep buried in my hair and neck.. LOL

Went to check on little one and it had died. It was like one minute it was better and bam gone.

Awee sorry to hear that sounds like an internal issue. Water coming out of his mouth sounds like something quite working so he just basically filled up with fluids. Probably got into the lungs, perhaps he got a yolk infection. Could be number of things. but the constant chirping and the water coming up. Not good, he has a really bad start from the beginning.. Poor little fellow

Yeah it sucks but did everything i could in the end it just wasn't meant to be. Makes me wonder if i should have helped it out of the egg. It had such a hard time. Plus it was already 2 days late when it started. I have already had 4 ducklings get all the way out of the egg and then die before getting dry. I think it is the egg shells they are very hard.

Hum I wouldn't say that tell me your process from day one up to now, like where your settings are at and what changes you make and when you make them.

Well I think i found one problem...i only had one thermometer and after buying a thermometer and humidity measurer i found my first one to be off by being to low. ( also tested out other thermometers and the first one was off. I hand turn 3 times a day while doing this I spray the eggs. Humidity is around 70-80. Development while candling seems perfect. I did hatch out a chick and had to help her because the membrane dried up around her. I have a pekin i hatched out last week and it pipped the other shell then stopped i did help it by doing everything except leaving getting out of the bottom egg shell. It made it and is very strong and healthy. But i waited on helping the others because I was told i was hurting them by helping. This last hatch the membranes were fine but the ducklings still had giant yolk sacs. Plus the little heads on 2 were turned to the middle of the egg. (Yes I opened the eggs after realizing they had died. It was like they had stopped developing. One was malformed with a crooked bill. I have chicks that are suppose to hatch this weekend and i am waiting to see how they do with the increase in temperature. But I was very frustrated that so many eggs failed i even talked to them and would watch the eggs rock asif tthey could hear me.

Back
Top Bottom