One of my ducks eaten by fox:(

Clo-duck

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2018
One of my ducks has been eaten by a fox (I assume as one is missing) I feel so guilty and horrible even though I've done everything I could to prevent it happening. I'm worried about the remaining duck, I'm going to get another female asap so she's not alone but I just want some reassurance that it will be okay to bring in a new duck, will they get along like the other two did. I feel so guilty:(

Are they just roaming around with out fencing? I know even with fencing there is still chances for preds but more so with out fencing. Very sorry for your loss.

Yes get your lone duck a friend and please keep them safe.

could your duck be off somewhere on a nest.

Are they just roaming around with out fencing? I know even with fencing there is still chances for preds but more so with out fencing. Very sorry for your loss.

Yes get your lone duck a friend and please keep them safe.

could your duck be off somewhere on a nest.

They free roam during the day (with the option to get into house) and then at night they are in an enclosed area and then locked in their duck house at night. I'm so devastated, I always lock them into enclosed area when it's light around 5pm.

One of my ducks has been eaten by a fox (I assume as one is missing) I feel so guilty and horrible even though I've done everything I could to prevent it happening. I'm worried about the remaining duck, I'm going to get another female asap so she's not alone but I just want some reassurance that it will be okay to bring in a new duck, will they get along like the other two did. I feel so guilty:(
Before you replace them & have the same thing happen, go over their housing facility very closely, like you were a hungry predator trying to get a free meal. I saw someone on here a while back suggest that you cover any opening larger than half an inch with 1/4" hardware cloth; makes good sense. If a coon can get a grip on it, he can likely get through it.

Its okay CloDuck. Mabye your poor duck saved a starving fox pup :(. Its sad but it happens and i know your ducky had a good life

Sorry

I’m so sorry for your loss :hugs
An electric fence is amazing. I’ve never had an issue with a ground predator using mine. Except when a hen got out, she was killed but not eaten, with two tiny punctures in her neck. I suggest you get one, I give mine 100 stars.

Back
Top Bottom