One Week Old Muscovy Kids

ChickaChickaBoomBoom

Songster
12 Years
May 4, 2007
Chandler, AZ
It was a decent day for a change today, so I let mama and her dozen little ones out into the yard for a bit. There is a low spot by their gate where water can pool up so I ran the hose there lightly for them so that they could drink and play.

The kids splashin' in the water:

IMG_1214.jpg

"Evangeline" tromping through the grass:

IMG_1212.jpg

A close-up of mama watching over them:

IMG_1209.jpg

Sunning themselves after the water sank into the ground:

IMG_1217.jpg

One of our rabbits, Willie, snoozes under the apple trees rather than get chased away by mama:

IMG_1216.jpg

All in all, a fun one week birthday. So far, everyone seems healthy and happy -
cool.png
:)

-Dave

They are some gorgeous babies...and such beautiful photos- So clear and colourful! I love that everything is so green over there...Here I am dealing with winter setting in...lots of rain..and some very muddy duckies.

Duckyfromoz, thank you for the comments. And while it is "green" here (it's Seattle after all
cool.png
), it has been SO WET lately that this was a rare moment of sun and fun. The past few days, it's been off and on torrential rain, hail, thunder, lightening, etc. Hello Summer? Paging Summer? LOL

-Dave

They are beautiful! And what a pretty Momma! I'm in S. Oregon and we have been getting hit with HUGE downpoors that just seem to go on forever. I have ruts in the driveway that are huge and just formed from this Spring. Just Crazy! We are soaking up any sun we can get!
smile.png
I love that rabbit!
smile.png

Wow, I need to go put a ribbon on that rabbit or something. LOL Actually, he is a good guy, and I was happy that he was out in the yard rather than just in the rabbit/duck area (which is still about 400sf).

Ok, lacking good judgment (and taste), here is a link to a video I made about a year or so ago where Willie is the star. It was when we had chickens and, well.....I'll just apologize now. :)

Again, thanks for the notes. It's great fun sharing this new backyard adventure.

-Dave

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom