Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Just finished this last night and washed it today. My first queen size, and I quilted it with my walking foot on my Juki. I'm pleased with it and that I made it through a lot of scraps and old FQ.

stars and geese.jpg

I'm still trying to get my act together. I'm doing a gradiant lap quilt in purples and golds, finally put it under the machine to quilt today, but my room is so cold! Someone I know on a group I belong to sold me something and in the pkg, she sent this tiny kit. It was super sweet of her, but my problems are: I never do hexagons, don't know anything about paper piecing or what to do with it and, also, nice as it was for her to include this, it's comprised of Christmas fabrics and a Christmas tree design (an issue because we don't participate in the holiday or believe in putting up a tree, etc, so I don't feel that inclined to make it). But, do any of you know if there is a place online that has instructions on what the heck to do with this thing? It had none and I'm clueless!

Not exactly a quilt, but a "project" for sure. I have a very old chair that was my grandmas that is kind of a hideous green and a bit stained thats been in my sewing room for years. I am too nostalgic to actually recover it, but decided to make a custom fitted slipcover for it out of quilted fabric. Initially I was going to make the slipcover from orphan blocks I had saved but that box got damaged so I just decided to make a zillion HST and made some panels that I quilted (in straight lines) then sewed together into a cover. It took ages as I worked on it here and there. I decided to finish it after Christmas, I did the last bit tonight!

one.jpg three.jpg two.jpg

Not exactly a quilt, but a "project" for sure. I have a very old chair that was my grandmas that is kind of a hideous green and a bit stained thats been in my sewing room for years. I am too nostalgic to actually recover it, but decided to make a custom fitted slipcover for it out of quilted fabric. Initially I was going to make the slipcover from orphan blocks I had saved but that box got damaged so I just decided to make a zillion HST and made some panels that I quilted (in straight lines) then sewed together into a cover. It took ages as I worked on it here and there. I decided to finish it after Christmas, I did the last bit tonight!

View attachment 1990365 View attachment 1990366 View attachment 1990367

That was a tremendous amount of work!
Look great!

That was a tremendous amount of work!
Look great!

Thanks! My sewing room often becomes the "place to throw stuff that has no other home" room so this year I hope to clean it up a bit and make some cosmetic changes to make it nicer. My hubby got me a new used TV and a Roku box so I can stream netflix while I sew so thats very awesome and now my chair is pretty! Next project is a new blind for my window.

Thanks! My sewing room often becomes the "place to throw stuff that has no other home" room so this year I hope to clean it up a bit and make some cosmetic changes to make it nicer. My hubby got me a new used TV and a Roku box so I can stream netflix while I sew so thats very awesome and now my chair is pretty! Next project is a new blind for my window.

Your sewing room and mine both. :rolleyes:

I get mine fixed up and BAM more junk magically appears. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom