Only 1 baby silkie left

Kimschickens123

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2022
We had 2 silkie chicks and we lost one last night. She had been dealing with constipation and a protruding vent. Did everything I could but she didn’t make it. There are 2.5 weeks and the last one is so sad to be alone and now just wants to be held and by us. I tried calling around but there’s no silkies chick near me. I could go to farm supply and pick up a few chicks? Would that be the best thing to do? Her Fluffy on my son ❤️

Attachments

• AED8269C-AD86-49DD-AA71-AF44A63ECF47.jpeg
    AED8269C-AD86-49DD-AA71-AF44A63ECF47.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 10
Would it matter if it was a different breed?
Silkies can get picked on by other breeds because they look so different and are generally docile, but some folks have no issues with Silkies and other birds, so it may work out or it may not.

If you can't get Silkies then probably best to consider other bantam breeds first, or breeds known for being more docile such as Faverolles.

Silkies can get picked on by other breeds because they look so different and are generally docile, but some folks have no issues with Silkies and other birds, so it may work out or it may not.

If you can't get Silkies then probably best to consider other bantam breeds first, or breeds known for being more docile such as Faverolles.
Thank you!

Thank you!
I called all around to feed stores seeing what was available and then looking up each chicken type and the temperament. I decided on 2 little Easter eggers. At first the silkie was not interested at all and continued her loud chirping for me to pick her up. But finally they all cuddled up together for the night. Hopefully the become good friends. But I will continue my silkie search also.

Back
Top Bottom