Only One Survived... Until This Morning

Here they are. I'm carrying them in the hood of an old hoodie.
View attachment 1811966

Not sure about names for the other two. I'm thinking Violet for the black chick and Picotee for the silver (Picotee is when flowers' petals are laced, so it seems appropriate even though it's unusual for a name).

I love them! :loveAnd I love their names!!! :wee

At what point have you contacted MPC about the mortality? You should have taken pictures of the dead chicks and contacted them immediately. I have dealt with them several times and they have always been good.

As for the silkies, there are several posts online that give you good clues to look for in sexing silkie chicks.
I contacted them immediately. They refunded my money for all 3 (since the third one isn't doing so well). They would replace then, but they won't ship just 3, and I certainly don't need 8 (notice I said "need" and not "want," because my chicken math is all addition right now).

They were very kind at MPC. But it will be a while before I will feel ready to do mail order chicks.

I contacted them immediately. They refunded my money for all 3 (since the third one isn't doing so well). They would replace then, but they won't ship just 3, and I certainly don't need 8 (notice I said "need" and not "want," because my chicken math is all addition right now).

They were very kind at MPC. But it will be a while before I will feel ready to do mail order chicks.
It wasn't your fault or that of MPC. It can happen. I have gotten silkies from them before but they were in with Polish. Both are tiny chicks. I'm guessing that the larger chicks just trampled them. Their minimum for shipping to me is only 3 and, when I got Super Blue egg layers I got only 3 and it wasn't a problem.. Do you have to take 8 because of your zip code? It certainly isn't freezing cold now. https://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/BabyChickMin.aspx

It wasn't your fault or that of MPC. It can happen. I have gotten silkies from them before but they were in with Polish. Both are tiny chicks. I'm guessing that the larger chicks just trampled them. Their minimum for shipping to me is only 3 and, when I got Super Blue egg layers I got only 3 and it wasn't a problem.. Do you have to take 8 because of your zip code? It certainly isn't freezing cold now. https://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/BabyChickMin.aspx
Yes. I'm in California. It's def not cold! It's 90 today.

I know it's no one's fault. I think they would have been ok if they had arrived on time. They were delayed a day. But I will probably never order from outside CA again. Too sad opening a box of dead babies - especially after months of anticipation.

This is entirely off topic but are your super blue laying yet and do you have an egg picture?

This is entirely off topic but are your super blue laying yet and do you have an egg picture?
I got Super Blues and I was disappointed with the color of the egg. A very pale, washed out blue. Almost white unless you put it next to a white egg. Cream Legbars and Ameracaunas have a much darker blue. And the Ameracaunas have the better blue of those two.

Back
Top Bottom