Oops, I did it again...

50B7E2CC-69A7-44A9-9321-2811E73D1D7E.jpeg

I said goodbye to Derp today - her health was beginning to deteriorate due to her cross beak, and it was pretty clear I was just delaying the inevitable. It’s really hard to admit that I can’t save all the animals, all the time. She had a really great, short little life. 💕

One of my almost 5 week old EEs is developing some interesting markings as she feathers in.
B61AEBD4-66ED-4ECE-8E13-A8E6F5034E55.jpeg

she has the same dark “eyebrow” on the other side as well.

36C462C3-4D09-4AEC-976A-1A4EA73E022E.jpeg

Everyone is doing great! My “big babies”, from the top: Coward, Tobu, Sadie, and Maniacal, are 13 weeks old now, and hold their own amongst the flock - the Brahma is turning into an absolute beast of a chicken.
7AC4F629-AFC8-4171-B0AD-FF8547D3AC42.jpeg

As far as the little babies, who are now 8 weeks old, I’m questioning the gender of Sundae, based on coloration and comb redness, but until they crow, all chicks get to stay with me, so I’ll just have to wait and see. I love the dark eyebrows, so I hope Sundae turns out to be a pullet.
25503AC1-E44C-4968-926A-56E457DBDB47.jpeg
B104C220-51E3-40DB-A7AF-4A3606B4773B.jpeg

Blackjack, who my son picked out and I didn’t pay too much attention to at first, has developed a real bond with me, and flaps her way up to my shoulder every time I go out to the chicken enclosure. She’s not much to look at, just she’s a real sweetie.

Love your flock, so sweet. I got easter eggers this time around and Im so fascinated by watching them develop, for awhile I thought all 3 were going to look the exact same. I hope the red feathers aren't an indicator of a rooster..yikes. :idunno I believe all 3 of mine at 5 weeks have started to develop some red in their feathers. I wanted to ask you how you went about integration. I have a flock of 1 year old hens right now and will introducing my babies in the next few weeks. They do go out now in the "playpen" as I call it and the big girls check them out. Im trying to figure out how I will get them together and then introduce them to the coop and run. I have 5 older girls and 7 new ones. Thank you!

Love your flock, so sweet. I got easter eggers this time around and Im so fascinated by watching them develop, for awhile I thought all 3 were going to look the exact same. I hope the red feathers aren't an indicator of a rooster..yikes. :idunno I believe all 3 of mine at 5 weeks have started to develop some red in their feathers. I wanted to ask you how you went about integration. I have a flock of 1 year old hens right now and will introducing my babies in the next few weeks. They do go out now in the "playpen" as I call it and the big girls check them out. Im trying to figure out how I will get them together and then introduce them to the coop and run. I have 5 older girls and 7 new ones. Thank you!
Pictures ?

Back
Top Bottom