Oozing nastiness coming from chickens rear side

Yeast is everywhere, all the time. Even in the winter and it's below zero it just goes dormant. Introduce it to a warm moist enviroment.......who knows where it came from. There are so many chance encounters in life that you may never know. Could be from where they came from and had been in a dormant state because her body was able to keep it in check. Using what I know about humans, if a mother has a yeast infection, known or otherwise, when she is pregnant or giving birth, that child will be more prone to these types of infections all their lives. I couldn't even get a good answer from the doctor why this would be so. Does it make that child a 'Typhoid Mary'? I have no clue, lol!

I am going to use the cream for 5-7 days and see if it will do anything to help. Now I've got to figure out the ACV ratio for 70 gallons of water, lol.
FWIW, my vet told me to use one tablespoon per gallon, so 1 liter for 70 gallons should work.

Last edited:
What I was wondering Casportpony is if the roos can spread it with enough exposure, shall we say. These 2 girls I have in the house now are the 'favorites'. They're both bare bottom girls for a reason and it's not mites or lice. I'm going to try and get some pics right now and share.

What I was wondering Casportpony is if the roos can spread it with enough exposure, shall we say. These 2 girls I have in the house now are the 'favorites'. They're both bare bottom girls for a reason and it's not mites or lice. I'm going to try and get some pics right now and share.
It's possible and makes sense.

This is a female Dark Cornish, one of my Marek's survivors. She is heading for the bathrub, lol. GROSS! This does look better than yesterday, I think. Yesterday the discharge [?] was lumpy and would not come off or out until I put her into a warm bath with the water up over her vent. I also used a baby shampoo to clean her up.

This is Raven, a mutt hatched here from Austalorp and Ameraucana parents. Another Marek's survivor and this looks to me like a prolapse going on but maybe not?

So hey haunted 55 is the Cornish like that due to vent gleet or is it got to do with the mareks? And I ask that because that is what she looks like and looks very much similar. I have already started vinegar water and am gonna give bath for 3rd time and put nystatin. Pics coming soon

th;e; fact that ill chickens that are recuperating have yeast is exactly the thing; animals or humans, if they are stressed (illness, change of location, change in herd/flock/status whithis/ change in food/bedding- change = stress. some animals are better then others with stress... its like with scracoptic mange. stressed ill young old animals show symptoms much more so then a healthy unstressed animal. like people with various stress realted disorders that are dormant when all is ok, and have breakouts when stressed. stress is not just a phsychological thing, it creats release of various hormones that affect the animal/human, causing in turn other physical reactions. stress also makes a human/animal breathe differently, causing changes in oxygen and blood gas levels, which in turn affect other things in the body. this prompts the body to be 'stressed' meaning a good environment for bacteria, candida etc to take advantage of ....

i was told not to use avc in lilee's ears, but dilute white vinegar. whaen i was younger, my mom's 'lady doctor' told us girls to use vinegar dilute as a wash after suffering from being in swimming pools/wet bathing suits at camp for instance. the same here now for girls in the army who have less access to good diet, lack of sleep, bad bathroom facilities. im wondering if a polidine wash wit polidine soap could help also for the initial wash, and then dilute washes of vinegar once the area is a bit less sore and irritiated... and some probiotics (bio yogurt treat) also? the thing with nyastin is that u have to use it enough, and not stop until everything is finished. candida is stubborn.

So hey haunted 55 is the Cornish like that due to vent gleet or is it got to do with the mareks? And I ask that because that is what she looks like and looks very much similar. I have already started vinegar water and am gonna give bath for 3rd time and put nystatin. Pics coming soon
Guess I'm about to embark on a new learning experience, lol. From the pictures Casportpony linked to, I'd say it's Gleet. Wow. I've been all over today either on the phone or by car trying to find the meds I'd need to treat. Best I can come up with is a tube of nystatin ointment 100,000 USP. No bird meds to be had anywhere close to me and went did a 50 mile circuit today. I stopped at my non-chain pharmacy and ordered some 2% Gentian Violet but that won't be in for a bit. I'm doing the vinegar as well and the baths and will try and figure out how much of this ointment to mix with KY and apply that to the poor girl. Raven will still get the vitamin E for now because I really think her's might be a bit of prolapse and maybe even egg binding. She's a little brat so it's hard to do any type of an exam on her and be sure .

Back
Top Bottom