Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

frow.gif
Good morning everyone.

How exciting for you Kaycey to have your mom come visit you! You are blessed that your mom is still so active at 80.
Opa-your "poultry gazebo" is wonderful. I need to show DH and BEG him to build mine something like that.

Good morning!

I like that chicken pen Opa.

My dad is 82 years old. He still drives, goes to gym every day, does his own shopping and still walks up the hill sometimes.
He is also a two time bladder cancer survivor. Praying that his appointment in April shows this last surgery he had for removal of positive cancer cells shows clear now.
fl.gif

It will be a good day today at work.

frow.gif

Good morning to you all
smile.png
Were having not so nice of a day here in NY. Its cloudy and then we are getting rain. It will help melt the snow , but we are probably going to have some flooding. Hope we dont get that much rain!

Yay!!!! Woody winked at me!!!!!
ya.gif

Sam, you know I have been eagerly awaiting the pictures of the Hoosier cabinet. It's even more amazing than I had imagined! You are so very talented! You've got to be so proud of yourself for breathing life back into that piece. Your mantles are beautiful, too!

Durn Texans! You made me hungry!
droolin.gif
I do so miss Tex-Mex. The best place for Mexican food up here is the local On The Border. When I lived in Texas, On The Border was a place I refused to go to. My sweet hubby tried to calm my craving once by taking me to a place near downtown Detroit called Mexican Town, or something like that. I was scared that we were going to get shot, and the food was nasty.
sickbyc.gif
There's no such thing as a good avacado up here. *sigh* And..... it's a family tradition for me to cook a brisket every 4th of July. The first Summer I lived here, I had to go to 3 places to get one. At the 3rd place, I had to ask the butcher if he had anything bigger than a 3 lb brisket in the back. He said, "Are you serious?" I said, "Sir, I want a REAL hunk of meat. I'm dead serious." He said, "Well, there's a big 20 pounder in the back that we haven't cut down yet." I said, "I'll take it." His eyes got huge and he asked me what I was going to do with it. I said, "Eat it, silly." Now I know where to go for my brisket. Last year, we had just moved onto this farm and found a pile of old applewood. I convinced my husband to cut some slices of it, soak it, and use it to smoke a brisket. We started it at around 5:00 pm on the 3rd, and pulled it out at around 3:00 pm on the 4th. We had invited some people over, and everyone agreed that the brisket was the best beef they had ever tasted. Most of them, including my husband, had never had smoked brisket before. Right now, we've got a big yak brisket in the freezer. Guess what we're having this 4th of July? Sam, you and Granny will have to come over.

In spite of the lack of brisket, Tex-Mex and good avacadoes, I love me some Michigan.
love.gif

BTW... For those of you who do not know, my name is Cayce. Pronounced Casey.

Quote:
Thats what my backyard looks like a lot of the time! I counted about 75 one time they were hanging around. There has just been a population explosion here in NY. About 15 -20 years ago, you never saw turkeys. Now it is just common to see them, they are everywhere!

Hi.
frow.gif
I promise not to talk about anything gross. I'll do my best to be a good chicken citizen. May I join in? I have a lot of respect for you Opa.
smile.png

Man!!! I would love to be able to see that out my window too! I want guinies, but my DH is not fond of all the noise they make. Prolly couldn't get him to interested in turkeys either ha ha ha They look huge !!

Back
Top Bottom