Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Quote:
Prayers are always said here at our house for those serving. I was a military brat and have siblings, a daughter and SIL that served or are serving. David will be specifically mentioned. My sorrow, too, is that a life was wasted on the pursuit of harm to others and was ended because of it.

Yesterday morning I dispatched my sixth coon in a month. The strangest thing is that all of them have been boars. Seems as though at least one or two would have been a sow. Actually I would have preferred that they had been all sows, that way I would have eliminate a lot more future coons. Raccoons have hit a all time population high and it doesn't look as if their numbers will lessen anytime soon.

Today is going to be another cool and wet day and with the forecast calling for rain everyday this week I probably need to get a baler after I finally get to mow the lawn. Sure has been a strange and sad weather year so far for many people so I can't complain about my weather. I just read that the Army Corps of Engineers blasted the levee on the Missouri side of the Mississippi to save Cario Illinois. Over 100 homes in Missouri will be affected as well as thousands of acres of farm land may be underwater for months. We can give thousands of dollars to other countries, I wonder if the farmers who can't earn a living this year will be given anything?

Did they really blast a part of the levee? Drastic measures indeed...
fl.gif
I hope they will be given at least a little something to help them get back on their feet!

10233_coffee_love_it.gif
Hard to think of anything much better to start the morning than a good cup of coffee. I've just brewed a pot of dark roast and there's plenty if you'd like to sit a spell and have a cup. Coffee drinking is an experience that starts the moment you open a new can. You hear the air rush into the can as the seal is broken. The first hint of what awaits fills you nose and instantly you start to wake. The gurgling sound of hot water flowing through the grounds serves to confirm your morning is starting. The wonderful aroma fills the room and you start to come awake. As the first cautious sip crosses you lips, awaking your senses, you know that another day has begun and life is good.

10233_coffeebath.gif
I probably drink at least 20 cups each day. While I occasionally drink a "cuppa" tea, that a drink more suited for the end of one's day.

My darlin' Thistle, was our princess happy to watch the all the wedding coverage. Given the amount of air time it received here it must have been insane in the UK.

Last edited:
She got up in the morning and put on her dress-up wedding dress and tiara and sat excitedly for a couple of hours waiting for it to start. About half an hour before Kate emerged from the hotel, she got bored and went off to do something else!
lol.png

I know for me the coverage seemed as if it would never quit. The leadup stories seemed to go on forever. They were interviewing everyone no matter how tenuous their connection to the wedding was. I kept expecting them to interview the farmer that grew the rice that would be thrown. The actual wedding must have been show at least 400 times and they even had lip readers to tell us what was propably being said that we couldn't hear.

Given the events happening around the world that have a greater affect on our lives taking back seat in coverage to the wedding of someone who has no affect on my life I found to be rather pedantic.

smile.png
I got lucky, no tv and no radio. Missed the wedding and i was fine with it. All that kind of hoopala is just crazy. The more exciting news is; I'm putting my marina back in the lake tomorrow and then start fishing in earnest.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom