Opening weekend hunting results - WARNING pix included

Yard full o' rocks

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Cartersville, Georgia
Here are the results of our opening weekend of deer season. My youngest (Colby) killed a doe and a wild hog. My oldest, Landon, killed a doe and a nice 8 point.

25882_dscn0497.jpg

25882_dscn0503.jpg

25882_dscn0518.jpg

NOW....if they'll just let me do a little hunting, it might be my turn!
tongue.png

Quote:
Fortunately for us, there is a large Mennonite community close to where we hunt. Several of them offer processing services. The one we use (we've used for 20+ yrs) is sooooo clean, super nice people. Matter of fact, the son is now running the business and we have watched his children grow up....and they even know my boys by first and last name, and with a last name like Brazinski that's a feat in itself. Pretty neat (.....and relatively affordable!!)

Great when you have your own processing business and reputation is all what it matters to most hunters.

I thought does are not to be taken for hunting, only the bucks. Or is it free for all?

If your boys keep up the hunting quota, you might just hang your gun up for the rest of the year and let them hunt for you!

Does are legal where population control is needed. And some consider them tastier than some gamey tough old buck. I think one year in Georgia it has been one or two bucks and more than that in does.
Brazinski is easy! We have a good variety of German, Polish, and other names to deal with in our family that are much more complicated.

We're allowed to take either does or bucks. We have a mom and pop type grocery near us that does deer processing for $40!!! You have to field dress it, but they'll process the meat.

I babysat for a family named Kuropatwinski.
tongue.png

I have to tell you that this is good meat. The processors do an excellent job and I know that because Scott and his boys filled one of my freezer shelves with venison. I usually don't care for cubed steak, something about the texture, but I will eat venison cubed steak. DH seasons and flours it and bakes it in the oven for a couple of hours and whoa, it's really good (and I'm sure better for you than beef, being so super lean)! We've had venison meatloaf, chili, spaghetti and baked cubed steak from it.
Congrats, boys!
thumbsup.gif

First of all. Congrats to the boys! Second of all Congrats Dad for teaching them to be more self reliant! Third of all are the boys available to come teach my DH how to hunt deer?
lau.gif
JK he got an Eight point last year! Time and patience!

Back
Top Bottom