Opinions? Help needed!! What is this noise my ayeslbury is making?

Would you have expected her to lay another egg by now? Or am I worrying too much? She seems fine in herself, the noise still persists and the gurgling crunch is still ongoing too, she’s done a couple of poo’s that were almost milky white and I’ve got the oyster shell in a little separate dish :)

Would you have expected her to lay another egg by now? Or am I worrying too much? She seems fine in herself, the noise still persists and the gurgling crunch is still ongoing too, she’s done a couple of poo’s that were almost milky white and I’ve got the oyster shell in a little separate dish :)
It usually takes 24 hrs from one egg to the next. So she could have another one ready. Did the vet tell you to keep her in a quiet dark room to possibly stop egg production for a while to help that prolapse heal more?
Here’s the internal noise we currently have! It’s like a squelch then combined with a crunching noise
hard to hear but I have heard this from a few of mine and have always been told it's the gizzard.

Yeah she’s been in an isolated quiet room in the house resting up, it’s been 38 hours now since the last egg so I’m just wondering if that’s a possibility. I’m just wondering why this high pitched coughing noise is still persisting 🤨 …it’s a sort of gurgling noise you’d hear from a dogs stomach and then as if someone’s crunching gravel, almost like someone’s standing on stones. If it’s the gizzard I’m not too worried, should she have lower abdomen movement with this sound?

I don't know what you mean by lower abdomen movement?

Do you notice her sitting longer? is her vent pulsing? these can be signs she is going to lay.

Her vent is pulsing but she’s hardly laid down at all, she didnt much yesterday but did during the night when I checked on her at 1am. She’s still very active, seems tired at the minute though, I wonder if the noise could be due to the oyster shell as it’s something she’s never had before :)

It could be. Is she eating much of it? they know by instinct how much they need and when they need it. My girls eat it like candy.
I'd do some warm water soaks today especially if she likes them and it helps her relax. Was the egg that was stuck her first egg or has she been laying for a while?

It’s difficult to keep track because I have 5 females and they just tend to lay wherever but no im sure it’s not her first egg, she’s been on one of her eggs before and laid a couple in the pool. The vet said it was pretty far up to be fair. Yesterday she did have a fair bit of the oyster shell, she’s just had the shell of two duck eggs too :)

Also the vet did inform me that she is indeed blind or that if she does have any form of eyesight it is poor. She told me she has a cataract in one of her eyes and in the other, her lens is underdeveloped. Makes her even more special to me, she’s the most loving of all my ducks. 😌

I'm sure she is special. And she has a wonderful mama in you.

Bless her heart. Does she stay outside with her flock mates most of the time?
For now all you can do is keep close eye on her in case she has trouble laying another egg. You did say you ordered the calcium gluconate? it is really good stuff.

Yes I did purchase some it got shipped out yesterday so should hopefully be with me soon :) I’ve taken the day off work today too, just to keep an eye on her, I’m too worrisome at times haha!

Yes she stays with the others, it’s strange actually none of the males seldom mate with her. I usually have to go into their run to collect her when all of the others come out to free range because she can’t navigate it herself. She’ll usually just quack real loud if she’s lost two and the others will come running to her

I’ve got eight, two generations and they’ve got their protector, my boy fido 💗

Attachments

• 5BC11CC2-9DC2-40E5-A4E8-ADFDDA5872A3.jpeg
    5BC11CC2-9DC2-40E5-A4E8-ADFDDA5872A3.jpeg
    840.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom