Opinions? Help needed!! What is this noise my ayeslbury is making?

Pics

Flutterbudget

Songster
Sep 6, 2020
Hi all!

So I noticed this probably yesterday or the day before hand when she was sifting through the grass but this morning it’s being done when she isn’t even eating or grazing. They have deep enough water, her nares are clean and I’ve looked to see if anything is lodged in her mouth and it’s as clean as a whistle. Would anyone say it’s a respiratory infection? It sounds to me like a high pitched cough or hiccup. I’d say it’s become a little more frequent, just looking for anyone’s expertise on the matter please! She’s my blind duck so she’s entirely my baby and I’m her guidance so I am concerned, please let me know!

Helllo my goodness…

I went to the next vet and indeed she prolapsed again at the same time inside the vets! She took her in the back and came out with an egg that had an extremely soft and jelly shell, she had been egg bound. I’m getting her some liquid calcium to add to her water and she’s inside resting for a few days as she’s sore and swollen. I have some anti inflammatory and pain relief medication for her too. The lady had said to me that the noise would have been one of discomfort so I was way off thinking it was a respiratory problem. I hope this forum helps someone else but she’s extremely tired and I’ve got her in a dark room with an electrolyte drink. Thank you Miss Lydia 💗

wow that is great she got it out and the prolapse is good now. Bless her heart she was in pain. It is very hard for them to pass those types of eggs I have seen my ducks and a few chickens struggle laying them. The Liquid Calcium Gluconate is really good for helping an egg pass and a good way to give them added calcium.
Let us know how she is doing, I'm sure she will enjoy your TLC

Yes I did purchase some it got shipped out yesterday so should hopefully be with me soon :) I’ve taken the day off work today too, just to keep an eye on her, I’m too worrisome at times haha!

Yes she stays with the others, it’s strange actually none of the males seldom mate with her. I usually have to go into their run to collect her when all of the others come out to free range because she can’t navigate it herself. She’ll usually just quack real loud if she’s lost two and the others will come running to her

I’ve got eight, two generations and they’ve got their protector, my boy fido 💗

Attachments

• 5BC11CC2-9DC2-40E5-A4E8-ADFDDA5872A3.jpeg
    5BC11CC2-9DC2-40E5-A4E8-ADFDDA5872A3.jpeg
    840.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi all!

So I noticed this probably yesterday or the day before hand when she was sifting through the grass but this morning it’s being done when she isn’t even eating or grazing. They have deep enough water, her nares are clean and I’ve looked to see if anything is lodged in her mouth and it’s as clean as a whistle. Would anyone say it’s a respiratory infection? It sounds to me like a high pitched cough or hiccup. I’d say it’s become a little more frequent, just looking for anyone’s expertise on the matter please! She’s my blind duck so she’s entirely my baby and I’m her guidance so I am concerned, please let me know!
it sounds almost like a cross between a hiccup and a sneeze-
@Miss Lydia @ruthhope ?

Back
Top Bottom