Ordering ducklings from Metzer Farms

carlyducks

Songster
Jan 27, 2018
I ordered 2 female ducklings from Metzer Farms. A fawn and white runner, and a Saxony. They are supposed to ship april 30th and arrive may 2nd. I am a nervous wreck over them being shipping and whether or not they will arrive healthy and alive.. Has anyone ordered ducklings from there before? If so how was your experience? I read there can be deaths on arrival but is usually with larger orders? I only ordered two so they will have an extra large heat pack and shouldn't be able to trample eachother.. I'm just worried.

I want to order two female pekins too and I’m worried also. I’m in Pa so it will be a long trip. I’m sure they will be fine, they do this all the time. But I’d be a wreck too.

Last year I ordered 4 chicks from Purely Poultry and I was really worried even though they shipped May 22nd we had a cold front come through and thinking about those tiny chicks inside one of those huge USPS trucks was scary. But they not only got delivered here safely they were shipped on the 22nd and arrived at the post off on the 24th. and they sent 5. :loveall safe and sound and healthy.

I've ordered from them twice, two ducklings the 1st time and 3 ducklings the 2nd...All arrived happy and healthy. I'm sure it is quite the journey for them but they ship quickly. The wait is the hardest part and then it feels like Christmas morning when they finally arrive :) Best of luck with your new babies, can't wait to see pics when they finally arrive.

I've ordered from them twice, two ducklings the 1st time and 3 ducklings the 2nd...All arrived happy and healthy. I'm sure it is quite the journey for them but they ship quickly. The wait is the hardest part and then it feels like Christmas morning when they finally arrive :) Best of luck with your new babies, can't wait to see pics when they finally arrive.

Thank you very much! I will for sure post pictures! :)

Back
Top Bottom