Ordering spring chicks....so much fun. What did you get?

Pics
I haven't had the blues, but my regular FCMs from Ideal the last year they carried them are lovely birds. Large, calm, reasonable layers of large and extra-large dark eggs.
Great description - mine weren’t really lap chickens like my orpington, but were calm and curious. Liked to watch what we were up to, and not flighty. And we got an egg from each most days, with a break for winter.

im anxiously awaiting the arrival of some Welsummers at our local feed store. they said they will get 50 pullets and 5 roos , hatch date is 3/14. lady told me to call the 15th after 9am and she will let me know if they were part of her post office pick up that day. its first come first serve and i want 6 pullets and 1 roo. my first roo ever but im pretty excited. i've only ever bought 6 week old pullets from a well known local breeder but she isnt having stock this season...maybe in the fall. so this will be my first foray into raising babies. they will join my flock of 8 . 7 easter eggers and 1 RIR.

Your friend is wrong barred rocks are the friendliest they are so sweet I love them mine I've had two two generations of a flock of barred rocks and they are the only ones that will actually eat out of my hand he will jump in my lap and they love me
So glad to hear everyone loves this breed. In order to get our 4 chicks from TSC we have to take 4 of the same, luckily they have barred rock pullets, so will put on my tackle clothes and show up early enough to stake our claim, hopefully... the babies are selling fast, fast, fast all up and down the Eastern Shore. Maybe I should camp out tonight in front of the store.....

I find ordering new chicks so much fun. I have a small backyard (front yard) flock and just ordered 4 new chicks for the spring. I am excited to learn what you ordered/plan to order or are excited for the 2023 year. I ordered a salmon faverolle, a bielefeder, a buff orpington and a lakeside egger. What did you get or are planning to get?
I have 3 jubilee Orpington and 3 black jersey giants ordered for May.

Back
Top Bottom