Oregon Spring Poultry Swap April 23, 2011 in Canby!!!

Okay, everyone STOP sending me messages with these tempting offers....my DH is going to kill me as it is!
hide.gif

Update (again, because we don't keep Cloverleaf busy enough):

K7 Menagerie -

Getting:
Cloverleaf - 2 Salmon Fav LF Pullets
OregonJen - BLRW chicks or pullets, a LF splash cochin pullet
Silkiechicken - Tomato starts (something with a shorter growing time, preferably. It has been known to snow in August here).
Tallyho - A breeding pair or trio of Mille Fleur Cochins
Illia - Tolbunt Polish X BCM hens
Zoomummzy - Babette & Nuria
Daze333 - 1 LF splash cochin hen, blue barred cochin hens, 1 dozen LF cochin hatching eggs, 3 splash marans pullets
Seabreeze - 1 cochin/silkie roo

Bringing:
For Daze333 - Mille fleur cochins trio, black cochin hen, 1 apple red rooster soap, 1 lilac horse soap
For Hokankai - 1 dozen MFC hatching eggs
For Silkiechicken - Watermelon soap
For Zoomummzy - Spring mountain mint, gardenia, lilac and lemongrass and sage soaps
For Seabreeze - Celtic knot, kokapelli, hand, gecko, bear, horse, rooster soaps, 3 sets of each soap
For Ayeupchuck - 1 horse, 3 moon, - lemongrass and sage 3 rooster and 3 tree spirit soaps - green tea and bamboo

Still Available to Bring:
5 Mille Fleur Cochin chicks (hatched on 3/15, will be 5 weeks at the swap, 1st choice to Sakchickens, 2nd to Zoomummzy)
Have MFC eggs in the 'bator too, they would be about 1-1/2 weeks old then (1st choice to DancingHen)
1 Mille Fleur/Black Cochin chick (hatched on 3/15)
Mille Fleur Breeding pair, will be 12 weeks old at the swap
Ameraucana rooster, 9 months old, from Lensters blue egg stock
Misc. Chicks (I ordered 25 of the Meyer Hatchery All Pullet Rainbow Pack - hatch date 3/23, so far looks like white leghorn, I'm thinking some welsummer and EE, but need to wait til they feather out a bit more to be sure)

Last edited:
Quote:
My grandfather had one as a pet during WW2, while he was still state-side. He always told us stories about his armadillo and I have always wanted one because of those stories. Well, I saw a bunch of them on Letterman the other day. Jack Hannah brought them in to show. That's all it took for me!

I just bought a couple commercial greenhouses, so I have a home for them. They root around and eat grubs and bugs.

What a hoot!
lol.png

Added a couple more chickies on the "available to bring" list:

Ameraucana Rooster, 9 months old, from Lensters' blue egg stock:
10035_100_2031.jpg

To give you an idea of egg color, one of the eggs from his sister is in the middle, with a marans egg on the left and an olive egg on the right:
10035_100_2035.jpg

Also have a breeding pair hatched from MFC eggs I purchased from Nadine:
10035_100_2041.jpg

I have an update - I candled last night and my turkey eggs are a bust. There are barely any growing so I won't be able to bring them to the swap. I'm going to be working on chicken aprons and diapers this weekend if my toddler will let me, so hopefully I'll post some pics of what I come up with. I'll make some special if you reserve/pm me and hopefully I'll be able to make a bunch of extra to bring. If you're interested, please pm me some measurements of your birds - neck crop area down to vent, between wings (width), and back of neck/wing area down to tail(hope that makes sense). I'm still working on them so not too sure on prices yet.

Haves -

Chicken Diapers and Apron/Saddles - if interested, let me know the measurements of your birds, neck crop area down to vent, between wings (width), and back of neck/wing area down to tail. I'm still working on them so not too sure on prices yet. I'll post pictures when I have some done.

LF buff cochin chicks, i should have about 10 or so.

I can bring a dozen LF buff cochin eggs if anyone is interested.

I should have some silkie/cochin/frizzle eggs available if anyone wants a mix, they are all penned together for now. They are still young so the eggs aren't too big but they have been laying up a storm. Silkie(b/b/s and white) and frizzle bantam hens with a bantam roo and silkie roos(white, blue and buff).

I may have a decent silkie splash rooster and maybe a buff. I'm still waiting to make the final call on gender.

If you're interested in any of these, let me know. I'll probably only bring birds that have been reserved.

I'll post pictures of what I have a couple weeks before the swap. All chicks will be vaccinated for Marek's.

Wants - 

I would love some black silkie pullets but I'd also be happy with chicks or eggs. 

Hatching eggs - turkey, frizzled anything, polish, silkie, cochin, california/valley quail, guineas, blue laced red wyandottes.

Bantam buff cochin pullet, or hatching eggs (1 dozen)

Zanna - 27lbs of honey

OregonJen - silkie pullets/chicks/eggs - black and buff, blrw eggs, ancona duck eggs, buff cochin eggs or a pullet, I could do 1 dozen of each if available??

ZooMummzy - 
Buckeye cheesecake

Tallyho - 
Cuckoo silkie roo

Mrweaw
Polish hatching eggs, maybe a couple chicks
Red silkie chick or hatching eggs?

Reserved/Bringing - 

Tallyho - buff silkie and 2 LF buff cochin chicks
Some diapers and saddles, but I haven't gotten a chance to make a list yet.

Quote:
I have been trying to PM you all morning but BYC kept giving me errors...going to try again. You can definitely add me to your list of diapers...I need lots!!
smile.png

Adding two buff bantam Cochin cockerels to my have list. They hatched right around the beginning of February. They are from Duane Urch.

I thought I would update list again
lol.png

Haves:
Black LF cochin roo-1 yr
Std mixed colored polish (blp x slp and glp x houdan) chicks
Giant cochins, bbs and partridge chicks (possibility of frizzles)
Sicilian buttercup pullet-1 left
Banty cochin chicks, some frizzled (blue black and partridge)
Buff brahma pullets
Indian Runner ducklings (I currently have 2 buff/whites and 1 blue)
EE cockerels
Silkie roos and cockerels-decent quality (in white, blue, black and possibly partridge)
Hatching eggs: banty cochins, mixed polish, cuckoo marans, olive eggers, Sicilian buttercups and Indian runner ducks

Wants:
Show or breeder quality silkie hens (bbs and white)

Bringing:
4 Giant cochin chicks for ayeupchuck
3 Buff Brahma pullets for peepacheep
5 Runner ducklings for playswithfowl
3 lf cochin pullets, 1 dozen lf cochin eggs and 3 splash maran pullets for K7 Menagerie

Getting:
Trio of mille cochins from Tallyho
Trio of mille cochins, black cochin hen and 2 soaps from K7 Menagerie
6 cayuga duck eggs from Tlb796
1 pint boysenberry cinnamon, 1-8 oz raspberry jam and 4-1/2 pints of low-sugar raspberry jam from Cathy M
1 dz + LF Polish eggs and blue and splash chicks from Mrweaw
4 Fancy cupcakes, rosemary, basil and tomato starts from Ayeupchuck
12 lbs of honey from Zanna
5 Hen aprons from Celiandy

Last edited:
Quote:
Daze, I would be interested in the buttercup pullet and a buff Brahma pullet....how old? My neighbor has been looking for Brahmas for her flock and I love the buttercups.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom