Oregon Spring Poultry Swap May 5, 2012 in Canby!!!

Hi there,

Really bummed that I'm not actually going to be a part of the swap this spring. It's just WAY too close to my due date! I'm hoping that I can still potentially attend. If she waits until our due date or goes a bit over we'll be set! If not I'll have to send DH to pick up some things for me! And I may just have to bribe Jeanine to pick up some BCM chicks and hide them so he doesn't know I'm bringing home any birds
lau.gif
I'll send a PM but thought I should throw it out here as well. Zanna, we really want to get another 5 gallons of honey from you again this year. We'd also like 6 jars of the spun honey as well. Let me know if you're interested in any starts this year. I can send you a list of plants that we have started if you want to do a partial trade again. They're all organic as always. Just let me know. May be interested in BCM chicks or hatching eggs as well. I want to close down the flock soon to focus the breeding more intensively! Hope everyone is staying somewhat dry!

Last edited:
I will not be able to attend this year due to Spring Youth Fair going back to the original weekend.
sad.png
Don't worry, I think I found most of what I was looking for through bugging people at Monroe.
highfive.gif
I will be interested to know what dates you select for the fall swap!
pop.gif

What sort of starts do you have? I have BCMs and Ameraucanas but they're all together right now. We are trying to get three new coops built to separate them but the weather is killing us! If you're not bothered about type then I'd be more than willing to trade with you for some eggs. I'm between Mulino and Beavercreek.

Right now I have a bunch of rhubarb and rasberry, in the process of thinning a stawberry patch, some of those are already spoken for but I will have a better idea tomorrow after I do some more digging! I have lots of daffodils and what I think are going to be iris popping up everywhere. Some seed potatoes and onion sets. a small amount of peas and tomatoes right now as our last snowstorm wiped out several flats I was working on! Also have a bit of sage and maybe some oregano....
lol.png
What are you interested in? I would love some of those eggs!! I am also in the Mulino/Beavercreek area so meeting up should be super easy!
woot.gif

Right now I have a bunch of rhubarb and rasberry, in the process of thinning a stawberry patch, some of those are already spoken for but I will have a better idea tomorrow after I do some more digging! I have lots of daffodils and what I think are going to be iris popping up everywhere. Some seed potatoes and onion sets. a small amount of peas and tomatoes right now as our last snowstorm wiped out several flats I was working on! Also have a bit of sage and maybe some oregano....
lol.png
What are you interested in? I would love some of those eggs!! I am also in the Mulino/Beavercreek area so meeting up should be super easy!
woot.gif
That sounds fab! I'd LOVE some rhubarb and raspberry canes as well. What varieties of strawberries, potatoes and onions do you have? I actually have a few dozen available right now as I'm getting anywhere from 12-18 a day. Just send me a PM and let me know how many eggs you need and what you'd like to trade for!

I will not be able to attend this year due to Spring Youth Fair going back to the original weekend.
sad.png
Don't worry, I think I found most of what I was looking for through bugging people at Monroe.
highfive.gif
I will be interested to know what dates you select for the fall swap!
pop.gif
Also IF you make arrangements I can bring things home and you could get them from my place or meet at the freeway as I go by.

From the website:

Susan Akins

have a few of the following:
   Partridge Rock Hens 
   Ameraucana Hens
   Salmon Favorelles Hens, Cocks and possibly some chicks
   Possibly some emu chicks

I live in Medford and would love to have a swap down here! Maybe even around pear blossom. They have a pear blossom rabbit show every year in medford maybe we could cordinate with them? Just saying.... I am new at this too.

I'm sorry I missed this post until now. I would also love a swap down in our area (I'm near Big R). There are quite a few chicken lovers down here. I'd be happy to help get something going down here.

From the website:
Susan Akins
have a few of the following:
Partridge Rock Hens
Ameraucana Hens
Salmon Favorelles Hens, Cocks and possibly some chicks
Possibly some emu chicks
Do you have Emu Eggs available?

Sorry Cloverleaf, late to the party for my update list.............

Bringing:

Honey (liquid) in my containers or yours, 1 - 40LB Bucket Honey for Ayeupchuck
Creamed Honey in my jars only (pre-made, not pourable), 2 for Sunyoung
Pure Vanilla
Olive Oil based Soaps

Hatch willing and all Straight Run:
3-4 Delaware chicks for newtochicks plus extras for sale
Welsummer chicks
BCM chicks (maybe only a few)
Delaware/Black Orpington Cross chicks (usually barred black/white, cute chunkies!)
Easter Egger Chicks

Hatching Eggs, Whatever they lay 7 days before the swap:
Welsummers (should have at least two dozen)
BCM, just a few if someone wants
Delawares
Delawares for Auntpa-K How many??
Delaware/Black Orp. Cross

The Welsummer Roo sold so won't be bringing him. I am setting my eggs for the swap April 11th so the chicks I bring should just be a few days old. I have been setting eggs every nine days and have some older Dels, and Wellies if someone would like some that are a little older, just let me know. All of my chicks are pet quality at this point, working towards SOP but not there yet. I only have one BCM Roo and Hen that I have deemed breed worthy and hatched two of their first chicks last week, 6 more on lockdown tomorrow night so have no idea how their babies will turn out yet. Pictures of all parents upon request, just PM me.

Can't believe the swap is only a little over a month away....................

Sorry I missed the update...

Whistle Creek Farm:

Bringing:

Pet/SQ/BQ Ameraucana Hens
Pet/BQ Silver Penciled Wyandontte Hen
SQ/BQ Sicilian Buttercup Hen
Goat Milk Soaps
Assortment of Seed started flowers
Possible Goats Milk
Nigerian Dwarf kids?

Wanting:

SQ/BQ Breeding Pairs of:
Mille Fleur D'uccle, Black Mottled D'uccle, Standard Salmon Faverolle, Porcelain D'uccle, Black Mottled Cochin.
((Really want these breeding pairs ANY of them,, I have been looking forever!))
SQ/BQ Pullets or Hens:
Black Mottled Cochin, Wheaten Ameraucana, Frizzle Polish, Bantam Polish, Black Copper Maran,
Blue Silkie, Partrige Silkie, Olive Eggers, Cochin-(any color but white please).
Chicks:
Meat breeds 3 roosters
Salmon Faverolle standard
Black Mottled Cochin
Mille Fleur D'uccle
Black Mottled D'uccle
Black Copper Maran
Olive Eggers
Polish standard and bantam

Back
Top Bottom