Oregon Summer Poultry Swap, Redmond, June 18th

EVENT DETAILS

- Date: June 18th, 9:30amish - closing time, feel free to show up late or early!

either
Centennial Park (near downtown)
or
Fireman's Lake City Park (off Lake Ave, off of Veteran's Way on the east side of Hwy 97 - still close in.

RAFFLE

- 6mo BYC Golden Feather Membership (WallTenters)
- A small brooder built by my dear honey bunches of oats (yes, that's what I call him!) (WallTenters)
- Incredible Goat Milk Soap! (K7Menagerie)
- Feed bag tote (Celtic)

Wall Tenters (aka Heaven)

BRINGING
- Hatching eggs, Dominiques, Orpingtons, Americaunas and EEs.
- Possibly some Japanese Bantams if Rhonda's boys have made their decisions on who they're keeping by then.
- Will probably have a few started pullets, cockerels and chicks of the breeds above.
- May have some young real Jersey Giant chicks, high quality birds.

WANTING
- Always want show/breeder quality hatching eggs, I love American and English breeds, heritage is always good
- Started plants! I need them!!
big_smile.png
And food, I love fresh food.
- I will pay a small fee for heritage/dp meat birds, price depends on age and quality of flesh, they will be going to chickie heaven right after the swap.
- Might consider a nice B/B/S Orpington pullet or two, nice large show/breeder quality birds
- A nice Blue Americauna pullet with lines to compliment what Rhonda's got already... please email me - my inbox is super full!
- Eating duck or two. I've never cooked a whole duck and would like to try a couple. Maybe trade for eggs? Or will pay asking price
big_smile.png

WizChick

BRINGING
- Beaded Jewelry
- 2 black male runners and 2 chocolate "runners", will be 12weeks at swap (photos page eight)

WANTING
- TBA

K7 Menagerie

BRINGING
- Goat Milk's Soap - awesome soap!!
big_smile.png

- Two nesting boxes, 4 holes each (photos page eight)

WANTING
- TBA

Celtic

BRINGING
- Eggs (? varieties ?)
- Crafts - details coming

WANTING
- TBA

PiperOmar (aka Laurel)

MIGHT BE BRINGING
- One Hink Jk Lavender Orptinton Rooster...he is gorgeous! hatched 8/2/10
- One English Import Blue Rooster hatched 9/17/10...also equally as gorgeous
- I can take reservation for two 1/2 dozen French Wheaten Marans eggs
- Lavender Orpington Fertile Eggs...all Hink lines
- Maybe some B/B/S Englsh Orp fertile eggs....exhibition quality
- I will also have fertile Lav Am/Lav Orp eggs.....Lavender Olive-Eggers!
- Dark Brahma hatching eggs...I have had nearly 100% fetility on these
- Salmon Faverolle hatching eggs

WANTING
- One of Jeanine's lovely little Fav pullets for Henry....you know of which I speak, Jeanine!
- Another lovely Wheaten Marans pullet
- Maybe a nice off-the-ground brooder

Oregon Blues

BRINGING
- TBA

WANTING
- Blue American female Goose, would like to trade a 1yr old Saddleback Pomeranian goose
- Wizbang Plucker
- Exhibition quality Saddleback Pomeranians, either gender, either buff or gray, gosling or adult

seabreeze

BRINGING
- heritage Narangansett turkey poults
- possibly some more BC Marans pullets/cockerels

WANTING
- TBA

DancingHen

BRINGING (if requested)
- 2 Porcelain d'Uccle cockerels 5 weeks old right now....about 10 weeks at the swap (very nice looking!)
- 6 week old blue splash marans cockerel ...would be 11 weeks ate the swap. (super nice looking with feathered feet)
- 3 Buff Brahma bantam hens 11 months old now....1 year old at swap. Well handled and laying well.
- Possibly a white silkie hen 11 months old now...1 year at the swap. She is pet quality, but super broody. Also well handled and tame.

WANTING
- TBA

I'm trying to add everyone's name next to their BYC name so it's not so hard to find each other at the swap
smile.png

Last edited:
Oh, and chicknfishn, if you'd like to come and buddy up with me
big_smile.png
I'll probably be busy parts just working the swap and helping keep things organized, but I know how you feel - it's nice to have someone there to watch your booth so you can go off and explore. I'm not sure if my partner Rhonda can come yet, she might have a 4H show that weekend. But my fiance Keith will be there and he too can help us with the booths while he's not cooking (heehee), and I hope my mom and niece are coming to help with the booth and with the swap itself.

Quote:
I'm considering it. Not sure exactly how much I would have to sell this time.
D.gif

Would like to find someone over here that would like to have some company and money for gas for the trip over and back.
thumbsup.gif

If anyone builds whizbang pluckers, I might be interested,

My son has promised to build me one, but with all the projects he has promised, it's going to take him awhile to get around to it.

SOLD

Ok, I have 2 black male runners and 2 chocolate "runners" that are 6 weeks old. I already have a male runner so I don't need these and I'm disappointed with the chocolates (because they are khaki campbells). If anyone wants them I'm willing to bring them. Here's a picture of them all although it isn't the best of the blacks.
IMG_0327.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all.
smile.png
I am not sure whether work schedules will allow me attend (summer is a busy time for us) but I do have some birds I am looking to rehome. Thought I would share my have list in I do make it out. I will not plan to bring birds unless people are interested, since we are a 4 hour drive away. Anyway, here is my list of available birds.

Have:
2 Porcelain d'Uccle cockerels 5 weeks old right now....about 10 weeks at the swap (very nice looking!)
6 week old blue splash marans cockerel ...would be 11 weeks ate the swap. (super nice looking with feathered feet)
3 Buff Brahma bantam hens 11 months old now....1 year old at swap. Well handled and laying well.
Possibly a white silkie hen 11 months old now...1 year at the swap. She is pet quality, but super broody. Also well handled and tame.

That is what I am considering rehoming at the moment. I may decide to keep the hens, not sure yet.

Last edited:
Add to my wish list:

Wanted, exhibition quality Saddleback Pomeranians, either gender, either buff or gray, gosling or adult.

How do we put the address for this thread into our signature line. The fall swap is getting lots of coverage. This one could use a little boost and I'm posting is several sub-forums on Backyard Chickens.

I've asked on a different forum about posting the address and haven't heard back whether I can get permission or not. I think there are people in that group who would go to the Redmond swap, if only as buyers.

Back
Top Bottom