Oregon

So I have a few chicks im going to sale at my first swap.. but dont no what price to put on them.....I have a few giant cochen chicks.. and some sizzles any thoughts

I just came across something disturbing and have a question for you all. I get postings from a Calif responsible pet owners' page and they posted a link to a story by ALF (Animal Liberation Front) that activists had released pheasants from a nearby farm (it would be 10 mins away). I looked at the report and it links to this page that gives out personal info for game breeders. Do you have to have a license with the state of OR to breed quail, pheasants, etc? Because the state turns that info including ph #s/addresses over to this terrorist group when they request it.

http://www.wildlifefarmdatabase.com/?p=13

Hi there =) I'm a former Oregonian...Astoria to be exact ;) Now residing in SW WA can never get too far from home LOL! Anyway, I just had to pop in when I saw Chicken Rustler's Roo in the bottom pic!! Gorgeous!! I have just 7 chickens including the 4 chicks....5 Ameracauna and 2 Silver Spangled Hamburgs
SOOOOO Are ya gonna tell what part of SW WA ???? I am always looking to take a late night shopping trip. Don't worry about leavin the porch light on I have night vision goggles !!!
lau.gif

Matt I bet there were probably more "SERIOUS" breeders at the spring swap than you were aware of. BTW I wish you woulda stopped by to say Hi since ya were there. I missed ya at the swap and PNPA show in Vancouver. IF by chance any of you decide you want to check out the Faverolles. Cloverleaf Farm is a VERY good source for AWESOME birds like FUDGE. This is also Fudge and Peaches. From Cloverleaf Farm. I now own both of them. I also have Bantam Faverolles in Black, Blue, Salmon and Buff. All from Cloverleaf Farm!!
I had to requote this because I literally just realized that the picture of your male there is the same one (albeit flipped) that I used as an example of what a favorelles should look like to a group of chicken newbies I'm helping. This happened before I was even a member here. Small chicken world I guess.

I had to requote this because I literally just realized that the picture of your male there is the same one (albeit flipped) that I used as an example of what a favorelles should look like to a group of chicken newbies I'm helping. This happened before I was even a member here. Small chicken world I guess.
Yes it has been posted facing both directions and I really don't remember the correct one. While fudge is now mine these pics belong to Cloverleaf Farm.

Yes it has been posted facing both directions and I really don't remember the correct one. While fudge is now mine these pics belong to Cloverleaf Farm.

The flipped version is the original.

I just came across something disturbing and have a question for you all.  I get postings from a Calif responsible pet owners' page and they posted a link to a story by ALF (Animal Liberation Front) that activists had released pheasants from a nearby farm (it would be 10 mins away).  I looked at the report and it links to this page that gives out personal info for game breeders.  Do you have to have a license with the state of OR to breed quail, pheasants, etc?  Because the state turns that info including ph #s/addresses over to this terrorist group when they request it.

http://www.wildlifefarmdatabase.com/?p=13

In the state of Oregon, you can raise game birds for your own use without a license, but if you want to sell eggs, chicks, or adult birds to other people, then yes, you have to be licensed.

Back
Top Bottom