Oregon

Oooh, new chicken toys are the best christmas gifts!

This order has deleware, whiting true blue, whiting true green, faverolle, silver spangled hamburg, white leghorn, buff orp, speckled sussex.....I think that's it. More than half will be extras to be sold or started for my sister....she has a few other breeds she wants too so will probably be tacking some onto the orders for the store my husband works at....who knows what I'll actually end up with.
OOOOOOoooo! Who are you ordering from? Chicks or pullets? I want to order so bad!

OOOOOOoooo! Who are you ordering from? Chicks or pullets? I want to order so bad!
Order #1 is McMurray.....and I just placed an order from Hoover's today....:oops::lau:th
I order day-olds when I order, started birds are too rich for my tastes. I like teaming up with other folks to meet the minimums. If you get ready to take the plunge, I have good luck posting to the local fb groups, etc to find people to order with.

Order #1 is McMurray.....and I just placed an order from Hoover's today....:oops::lau:th
I order day-olds when I order, started birds are too rich for my tastes. I like teaming up with other folks to meet the minimums. If you get ready to take the plunge, I have good luck posting to the local fb groups, etc to find people to order with.

I've never done shipped chicks because I just could meet the minimum, and shipping was too much for me. I am usually pacing outside of Wilco or Coastal in Springfield, waiting for their first chick orders to come in. Eugene Backyard Farmer also has good breeds.

I'm SOOO jealous at the breeds you got! I want some blue eggs too, but I think I am just going for "funny hair" in the backyard now. If I add anything else, it will be a blue layer, and maybe another Welsummer. You'll have to let us know how the True Blues and True Greens turn out, as I've been curious!

Does the lady in Venetia have layers to? I am looking to increase my flock this spring.
I'm not sure -- you can find her on Facebook, Baiviews Fancy Fowl. Judging by the name, it doesn't sound like the cheapest place to get layers. She has beautiful Silkies though!!!

I have great luck with my cheapie leghorns and barred rocks from Coastal in Springfield. They've been my go-to gals for December, when all the other hens were taking a break. (even my Welsummer has been fairly good laying, actually!).

We got a Tractor Supply Store in Creswell this year too, but I don't know when they will be getting chicks.

Hello to all in Oregon. I'm in Troutdale and have 2 flocks of beautiful chickens that I would like to rehome by spring. These girls are my pets and by taking my time , I hope to find them a good home.
Anyone interested , contact me and I will post all the info and pics regarding each chicken.
One flock consists of 15 chickens , 14 hens and a rooster. The other 6 hens and a rooster.
I also have two adorable silkies.

Hello to all in Oregon. I'm in Troutdale and have 2 flocks of beautiful chickens that I would like to rehome by spring. These girls are my pets and by taking my time , I hope to find them a good home.
Anyone interested , contact me and I will post all the info and pics regarding each chicken.
One flock consists of 15 chickens , 14 hens and a rooster. The other 6 hens and a rooster.
I also have two adorable silkies.
Hi Veronique!

Now I'm in TX and hopefully I'll be moving to Troutdale soon. First, I need to sell this property -- and because it is large, and unique (one-of-a-kind - not typical neighborhood residential) the sale may take a long time.

My sis lives in Troutdale. From what I understand the City allows 3 hens and 0 roosters. Are you outside city limits, or did you get grandfathered in? Actually I kind of think posting chicken pictures would be a cool thing for the Oregon thread... I think I will scroll through this thread and see if anyone else has posted pictures of their chickens in OR.
:frow
ETA: nice chicken picture in your avatar.

Back
Top Bottom