Oregon

Do you think it's a rooster? Really? Oh No..... It's 9 weeks old, how can I confirm if it's a rooster?

That red comb pretty much confirms it at that age. Otherwise, the pic is a little blurry which makes it hard to see hackle and saddle feathers, they will be pointy, where the hackle and saddle feathers on the girls will be rounded.

That red comb pretty much confirms it at that age. Otherwise, the pic is a little blurry which makes it hard to see hackle and saddle feathers, they will be pointy, where the hackle and saddle feathers on the girls will be rounded.

Yeah... 9 weeks, red comb pretty much confirm boy. That said, I've not seen a female EE in that color. I don't think females can come in that color pattern, but not 100% sure.

Oh no... LOL Can't have a rooster in my city.... I was starting to think it was the other night, it was the flocks first night out in the run and coop, it was 40 out and when they got into the coop "ROSIE" got on top of all the hens and laid with it's wings out keeping them all warm. Dang, anyone near Florence need a really beautiful mild mannered rooster with a female name? You can change it to Rodney!!!

Yup. I was going to say the same thing about Rosie. Rooster, almost positive. I've hatched tons of EEs, and my firsst thought was, oh crap! That's a roo!

I am looking for one or two female white Sebastopol geese. I'm down in Medford but driving up for the Stevenson show and I'll also be at the Canby swap. Thought I'd also post here, just in case.

Thanks Wendy... I'm partial to her... Dang it's a shame about Rosie the Roo.... He's a beauty. So quiet... he has the tiny peep.... Not too many chicken keepers here on the central coast... He's probably going to end up on someones dinner table. Not mine, I can't eat them after befriending, just seems unloyal.

I hear ya. Of all of our birds, we have about a dozen that have names, and therefore homes for life. The rest...well, no deals being made with the rest... ;)

Sorry about Rosie...he looks sweet, and he's really pretty, advertise him as a pet, and put a pic of him on the Spring Swap thread...somebody might snatch him up. :)

Back
Top Bottom