Oregon

Hey,
any last minute suggestions or warnings about shipping eggs?? I have a friend in Alabama that is eagerly awaiting my eggs and hope to ship tomorrow. I've done a mix of bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Help or problems I might have at Post Office??
Thanks all

Personally, I don't care for packing peanuts, I feel that it's too hard to pack it all tight enough, and there's too much movement in the box. I individually wrap each egg in bubble wrap, put everything in a bubblewrap "nest" and tightly pack crinkled up newspaper around the whole thing so nothing can move in the box. ;)

As far as the PO goes, I always write on the box exactly what's in it, every side as well as the top says FRAGILE and then I alternate sides with HATCHING EGGS and LIVE EGGS.
smile.png

Thanks Jeanine,

I just think that with as many birds as she has she didn't have a chance to observe this chick to see that she does the motion of eating bit is not getting very much in if at all. The way she stands and sleeps all day and is so weak and wobbly, having trouble keeping her balance...I think she was close to death. The part that frustrated me was I sent several emails to Laurel saying I didn't want a chick that had complications, and that if it was only cosmetic I didn't mind. I'd say having to syringe feed the sweet girl can be considered complictaed....but maybe she was just unaware how the lil chick was starving to death.

I'm feeding her with a syringe three time's a day, a mix of plain Greek yogurt, water and some of the finer powder pieces of the chick crumbles. I finally saw her poop today so that made me feel better. I'm going to keep doing this and see about dremeling her beak to see if that helps her actually pick up food. Trying to be a realist and make a hard decidion if it comes to it, to not prolong her suffering....I don't want her to starve to death. :-(

I named her Mini and her lil protective sister is named Nervous Nellie. :)

Hoping eventually all my chickens get along and it can go back to be SIMPLE. :)

Last edited:
Personally, I don't care for packing peanuts, I feel that it's too hard to pack it all tight enough, and there's too much movement in the box. I individually wrap each egg in bubble wrap, put everything in a bubblewrap "nest" and tightly pack crinkled up newspaper around the whole thing so nothing can move in the box. ;)

As far as the PO goes, I always write on the box exactly what's in it, every side as well as the top says FRAGILE and then I alternate sides with HATCHING EGGS and LIVE EGGS.
smile.png
Thank you!

Hey all

I have some chicks for sale, all are heritage and/or show bloodlines.
All will be a week old tomorrow and are healthy and active.
Also handled daily by kids so they are super mellow when held.
All are strait run.

The jerseys will be HUGE! I have 3 white jerseys that are 2.5 weeks old from a hatchery with them and the BBS ones are just as big or bigger than them already and they are half their age!

I have the following breeds:

Blue, Black and a couple splash Jersey Giants

Blue and Black True Ameraucanas (also have some more hatching tonight so may have some splashes also, 1 black out and 3 pips.....)

Barred Rocks

Lavender Orpingtons

If your interested just shoot me a pm
Min. purchase of 2 chicks and are all $7 each for BYC members.
Discount for more than 5 chicks.

HELP!!! I have a 13ish week old too that has just found his voice. I live in a sub development in Carlton that doesn't allow roosters. I got him strait run and turns out he's a male.

I need someone to give him a home..

Hes a white silky bantam and super friendly.

Make him a pet or dinner, I just need him gone!

For folks in the Portland area, I am a Mental Health Counselor and I am starting a private practice! I work with adults and teens. If you, or anyone you know would like therapy at little or no cost please send me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom