Orpington Roo or Pullet? New pics added!!!

Quote:
She's defiantly not a mottled, are there even mottled orpingtons? If she was mottled she would have white splotches on her.

no that would be a splash
i have all four colors, blacks are black with green sheen, blues are lighter, and splash are gray/lav at this age,

but i'm wrong mottles are white with black and blue spots, i had to look back at the orp master's site (bamachicken)
she's blue

Last edited:
Quote:
She's defiantly not a mottled, are there even mottled orpingtons? If she was mottled she would have white splotches on her.

no that would be a splash
i have all four colors, blacks are black with green sheen, blues are lighter, and splash are gray/lav at this age,

Okay, I knew that. Splashes are my favorite. Ever have any eggs for sale
wink.png

I too thought mottled was a black bird with white spots and that splash was a basically white bird with black spots??? My idea of mottled is from other birds of course, not orpingtons. Would love to see pics of your birds for comparison. Thanks so much for everyones input.

Marie

Quote:
PC has a splash hen that I may be getting soon. He's posted pictures on here a lot of her, she's a lighter grey color with darker grey spots.

Back
Top Bottom