ouch...my eyeball! (the BIG update, pg. 7)

My two year old got pecked in the eye last summer. I gave him a bath and washed his hair with baby shampoo so it would run into and wash out his eyes-- then called our eye doctor. He checked him out and said I had done the right thing with the baby shampoo, and gave us some antibacterial eye medicine. He said to always take animal caused injuries seriously because they usually are full of bacteria etc. He also said to not worry too much since it was not bleeding. He said that the eye is the second fastest heeling part of the body.
The wearing of eye protection around the animals is a great idea. I always wear a baseball cap with the rim low just for that reason. Oh yeah I also don't like the idea of spiders and bugs getting in my hair.
tongue.png

oh yea, My son is just fine. He has no ill effects from the peck. Plus he has grown quite a bit and is faster now, and he has learned to stay clear of the chickens.

By the way I know you are all wondering what the fastest healing part of the body is... The tongue!
tongue.png

Take care Miss Jayne!

Ouch,that sounds painful.If you haven't left for the ER yet...GO NOW! Don't mess around with your vision. Please let us know how you are doing.And here's hoping for some good pain meds for you.

I had a near miss recently. Thanks to my ninja-like reflexes
roll.png
she only got nose. It was, however, unnerving. Heal up soon and don't forget the updates.

Quote:
I love your sense of humor the1much! thanks for the giggle!

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

And you are so right laughter is the best medicine and if she laughs hard enough she will wash the gunk out with her tears!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom